AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 700u is last years model, but if you could pick either at the same price point, which would you choose and why?

Could also get the Vizio VP504F for $300 less. Is $300 worth the upgrade from Vizio to Panasonic?

Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The 700 will have last years anti glare screen on it. Some say they think it detracts from the pop factor. But it's a REALLY nice tv.

And yes....get a panny.

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinguy /forum/post/14281105

The 700 will have last years anti glare screen on it. Some say they think it detracts from the pop factor.

You're thinking about the PZ77U which had the Anti-Glare screen which reduced the "pop" factor.

The PZ700U has the regular Anti-Reflective screen very similar to the screen on the current PZ80/85/800U and does not interfere with the pop.

jra166 - if you don't care about the PZ700U's better audio quality, i'd be more inclined to choose the PZ85U instead as it has the blacker and brighter newer generation plasma panel. Whatever you decide, just don't get the Vizio

·
Registered
379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/14281315

You're thinking about the PZ77U which had the Anti-Glare screen which reduced the "pop" factor.

The PZ700U has the regular Anti-Reflective screen very similar to the screen on the current PZ80/85/800U and does not interfere with the pop.

jra166 - if you don't care about the PZ700U's better audio quality, i'd be more inclined to choose the PZ85U instead as it has the blacker and brighter newer generation plasma panel. Whatever you decide, just don't get the Vizio

Bah! You're correct sir!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts