AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
61 inch???? or do you mean the 65 inch?

The 65 inch is not due out until December 04.

Dave

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw this This plasma at 6TH Ave Electronics. It also came out in there flier in our Sunday News. It Clearly states 61 Inch at a hell of a discount.

Panasonic TH61PHW6

61" HD PLASMA MONITOR

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Yep, the Panasonic TH61PWD6 is shown on the 6th Ave Electronics website! The image is not available and it is not in stock. It is very likely to NEVER be in stock. All of the other Pannys they list are the consumer versions, so it is really odd that they list a commercial model code. My guess is that the person filling out the catalog entries screwed up on both the size - 65" - and the designation. But they can't be carrying the Onyx model, right? So what are they listing if they don't sell the commercial models? Any rumors on whether Panasonic intends to sell a 65" Viera line model?

·
Super Moderator
21,699 Posts
This is curious because I thought 61 glass is made by NEC

It does not have HDCP from what I can see

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Could this be made by Plasmaco? Last year I saw a 60" Panasonic plasma in an issue of WidescreenReview magazine. While it said Panasonic on the front panel, it was actually manufactured by Plasmaco. Matsushita (Panasonic) bought their patents on plasma technology a few years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.