AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ois setting do you use that works the best, hybrid ois or just plain ois?

I would think the hybrid ois would degrade the image more because it's using some digital manipulation of the image.

So far this TM90 really blew me away with it's 1080p mode. Full progressive frames is way more sharper than interlaced. I can never go back to 1080i again I'm afraid to say.

It's amazing to have 1080p in the palm of your hand. Remember the days of the full vhs camcorders? Now image having a 2k or 4k camera that shoots progressive frames inthe palm of your hand.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy007 /forum/post/20788424

What ois setting do you use that works the best, hybrid ois or just plain ois?

I would think the hybrid ois would degrade the image more because it's using some digital manipulation of the image.

So far this TM90 really blew me away with it's 1080p mode. Full progressive frames is way more sharper than interlaced. I can never go back to 1080i again I'm afraid to say.

It's amazing to have 1080p in the palm of your hand. Remember the days of the full vhs camcorders? Now image having a 2k or 4k camera that shoots progressive frames inthe palm of your hand.

I actually thought 1080i looked pretty good on my 10 foot diagonal projector screen using a DVDO Duo VP to deinterlace it back to 1080p. Although I could tell that motion was smoother with straight 1080p. I saw more atifacts on my small flat panel TV but the deinterlacer isn't nearly as good as what is in the Duo so that is to be expected.

I tried turning off image stablization with a wide angle pan. Both ways ois turned on and off. Loss of resolution is very minor. I still want to experiment with these settings though.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I tried turning off hybrid stabilization tonight and its still good even at 40x zoom. Movement doesn't dampen out quite as fast if you move around but still works very well without it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts