AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to Panasonic support (Stan) today and he confirmed that it is a hardware problem. Apparently, EMI from other equipment is affecting the MPEG decoder according to Panasonic. Further, they are in the final stages of testing the fix for this problem, however, they have not decided on the details of how the repairs are to be effected.

It appears that they are keeping a list of owners for potential repair/replacement.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Was there a registration card with the Panasonic? If there was I don't remember sending one in, I'll have to see if I can find it.

Any idea how they're generating that list?

------------------

Andy

[This message has been edited by andrewsi (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the impression that they informally kept track of units for which complaints had been received. I am going to e-mail the serial number of my unit to "[email protected]" referring to "Stan" in the e-mail.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Unbelievable.... I've since moved on to the sony, but as of about a month ago "Stan" refused to believe there was anything wrong with the unit. He was giving me that "signal has to be 85 or higher" garbage.

I'm glad they finally figured it out... other than the dropout problem (and the ridiculously slow guide/menu), I always thought this was a great box.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ian B-- As I stated in my update in the 'TU-HDS20...signal 85+...' thread My reciever was swapped out but still appears to have drop out issues and the installer is returning again to try and peak the dish. Is there a way you ('we') could get Panasonic to officially ackowledge this probelm (maybe Stan posting a message on this forum) so we don't keep pestering our dealers and installers for something that may be an issue with the TU-HDS20 and Panasonic. Seems that Panasonic would want to foster good will towards there dealers and some good will to there customers and acknowledge that there is a problem and they are going to correct it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian B:
I spoke to Panasonic support (Stan) today and he confirmed that it is a hardware problem. Apparently, EMI from other equipment is affecting the MPEG decoder according to Panasonic. Further, they are in the final stages of testing the fix for this problem, however, they have not decided on the details of how the repairs are to be effected.

It appears that they are keeping a list of owners for potential repair/replacement.
It's been over 2 months since this post ... has anyone received the fix for this problem from Panasonic or know of its status?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I have not heard anything. In the mean time I had my dealer replace my unit with another TU-HDS20 which does not exhibit any drop-out's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.