AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been suffering with this panasonic tu-hds20 for 9 months now and it has been back to panasonic 2x for attempted fix of the 1 to 2 second dropouts, video only. They upgraded the software and quieted the fan but still terribly annoying blackouts. Has anyone resolved this issue or must I buy a new IRD? Thanks for any help here!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
This box is a well-documented POS. You can always sell it for more than you paid for it at E-bay (as I did).

I'm waiting on the newer 3rd gen. boxes due out soon. I had the same drop-out problem even after the "fixes" were done at the Elgin service center, so you are NOT alone!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just to add a counter-point ... I sent my box to Panasonic for the fixes back in August of 2001 after reading about other success stories posted here on this board. It was at that time that they just came out with the fix for the dropout problem. They also applied the fan fix.

Since then, the dropout problem is a non-issue and the fan is quieter. It still can be painfully slow at channel switching at times, but since I use it just to watch HD content, it's something I've learned to live with.

I too am anticipating the HD TiVo STB when I can then relegate my current setup of separate Panny STB and DirecTivo to a secondary viewing location.

See this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=27997

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.