AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Panasonic TUHDS20 and I have a couple of questions I could not find answers for anywhere.

(1) Has anyone successfully connected a Sony Tivo box to a Panasonic TUHDS20? I cannot get the Tivo's IR blaster to send any useful codes to the TUHDS20. The Tivo setup page presents two sets of codes, neither of which seem to do anything. I called Tivo and they said to call Sony. I called Sony and they said to check the Web site. I couldn't find a thing.

I'm assuming if I replace the Panasonic with a Sony HD100, I will be able to easily connect it to the Sony Tivo via the low speed data interconnect, which the Panasonic lacks. Has anyone got that configuration working?

(2) I have a Home Theater Master MX500 remote control, which I really enjoy. However, when I try to use the Favorite channel button feature (which is essentially a way to create a macro change, for example to CBS), the TUHDS20 seems to choke on the IR from the MX500. What happens on the screen is that it seems to think it gets multiple number presses (e.g., 5-51 instead of 5-1).

If I had to guess what is going on, I'd say the MX500 is overdriving the TUHDS20's IR receiver (software?). Because, if I walk about 15 feet from the TUHDS20, the problem goes away. Has anyone seen this? It makes the TUHDS20 kinda useless if you have to walk behind the couch just to change the channels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe you are out of luck the Tivo remote cannot handle the Panny - they have no remote code for it - this is outlined in the Tivo forum. Need to press Tivo to have them look up their info on the particular tuner. A couple of months ago they said they could not support it but they trying to. Their is a software update coming up which may handle the problem.

I also have the tuner - returned Tivo and cancelled my subscription with no hassle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.