AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody offer some advice? I have a new Panasonic 34" hdtv being fed with a RCA DTC-100 stb. No problems with S-video inputs, however when switching to HD mode ota or sat (using RCA VHDC300 to convert VGA output to composite input for the Panasonic) the top 1/3 of the picture tears to the right and I have three thin white lines on the lower 1/3 of the picture. Is there anything that will straighten out this problem short of buying a new stb? I have tried all three of the retrace timing settings with no luck. What about the straight Monster Cable that just converts the output with no electrical conversion box? I must say the folks at "Tweeter" where I bought the tv are being very helpful in trying to figure out the problem. Are the Panasonic and RCA incompatible? Any help or answers appreciated.

·
Registered
338 Posts
In a word, yes, the VGA-component converters for the DTC-100 are incompatible with the Panasonic CT34WX50.

The DTC-100 sync issues and the Panasonic incompatibilities have been documented in this HDTV Hardware forum about 1 1/2 years ago. (Hopefully you can search the archives.)

[I tried several converters myself but ended up returning all of them.]

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jimg, should've known better than to mix brands.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Even the Key Digital?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.