AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I have two Panasonic Blu-Ray players and two Panasonic TV's (ST50 Series and S60/S64 Series).

The two remote control model numbers for the two TV's are N2QAYB000703 and N2QAYB000827.

One of my Blu-Ray player's is the DMP-BDT220 and both of the aforementioned TV remotes are compatible with it.

But for my DMP-BDT460 Blu-Ray player, neither TV remote works with it. Are either of these remotes programmable so as to try to get them to work with Blu-Ray players (be it a Panasonic Blu-Ray or any other brand of Blu-Ray for that matter)?? I did go into the settings of the DMP-BDT460 and tried all six different "Remote Codes" but it did not help.

I remember a day when one could easily program the remote that comes with the TV to be compatible with their VCR or DVD player, regardless of the brand of VCR or DVD player. Are those days gone?

I am not interested in buying a universal remote. I really like my TV remotes. I just want one or both of the TV remotes to work with the DMP-BDT460 Blu-Ray player, just like they both do for my DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray player.

Thanks for your thoughts!

CORRECTION: I was wrong on the model number of the DMP-BDT460. It is actually the DMP-BDT360.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
The TV remotes are most likely operating your player through Viera Link (HDMI-CEC control). This only works with one player at a time and only with player that have HDMI control enabled.

May I ask why you would have 2 BD players connected to the same TV?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The TV remotes are most likely operating your player through Viera Link (HDMI-CEC control). This only works with one player at a time and only with player that have HDMI control enabled.

May I ask why you would have 2 BD players connected to the same TV?
Thanks, mdavej. To answer your question: I have two TV's and one Blu-Ray player hooked up to each TV.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Thanks, mdavej. To answer your question: I have two TV's and one Blu-Ray player hooked up to each TV.
In that case, the fault probably lies with the TV. Make sure both player and TV have HDMI control (Viera Link) enabled. Then it should work. Commands are sent via IR to the TV (not the player) then via HDMI to the player.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In that case, the fault probably lies with the TV. Make sure both player and TV have HDMI control (Viera Link) enabled. Then it should work. Commands are sent via IR to the TV (not the player) then via HDMI to the player.
Thanks for the info. I never thought of that.

So, I checked both of my TV's and both already have the Veria link enabled. And when I hook up my DMP-BDT220 to either TV, either TV remote works perfect with the DMP-BDT220 (Viera link on the DMP-BDT220 is also enabled).

However, as for the DMP-BDT460, I went into its settings and the settings do not refer to it as "Viera Link". Rather, it is now called "HDMI CEC". And it was already enabled. I disabled it and re-enabled it, but still, neither remote works.

Isn't this weird?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm out of ideas then. If I were you, I'd just get a universal remote. This one will do every possible command on both your TV and player with a little programming, and is less than $4:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TESTED-WORK...l-Silver-on-demand-DVD-dvr-cable/181631605544

But any universal will do.
Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Yeah, I too can't think of any other ideas aside from contacting Panasonic about it. I still have a warranty on the 360.

But, yeah, I will check out that universal remote you recommend. Thanks again!

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Yeah, I too can't think of any other ideas aside from contacting Panasonic about it. I still have a warranty on the 360.

But, yeah, I will check out that universal remote you recommend. Thanks again!
You're welcome. Just keep in mind, that remote is the absolute cheapest one that will do the job. If you're looking for more, post back. And please let us know if Panasonic support has a solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts