AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 50" Panasonic plasma TV. I recently moved home and when I plugged TV in it didn't start up. Nothing happened at all. I put it to one side to think. After about a week I swapped out the fuse as a last ditch attempt to get it working and thankfully it started up. Great all things sorted I thought until one day I switched off and turned of at the plug. Came back a few days later and again it wouldn't turn on. Swapped out fuse again fingers crossed thats what it was. Didn't work this time. Well I put it to one side for a week or so again plugged it in today and voila it started again.

I have no idea what is going on has anyone came across his before?

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Was the fuse blown each time? Do you have the set plugged into the wall or are you using a surge protector? Check all your electrical connections, including the wall socket. If everything is OK, the TV has a short somewhere. Could be a wiring harness or a cold solder joint in one of the power supply boards. How old is the TV? Is it under warranty? Regardless, once it fails again, your only real option will probably be to contact an authorized repair facility.

Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the fuse wasn't blown either time. I checked it out and it was fine. Tried in wall socket, extension. So annoying. I will take it in somewhere if/when it goes again. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwestlake  /t/1523887/panasonic-tv-troubles/0_100#post_24519406

The TV is like 3yrs old. No longer do no not under warranty.

Any chance it is a 2008 PZ80 model? They have the problems that you describe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts