AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!!

I've bought new TX-L37E30E and i've noticed that in game Borderlands(on my PS3) at night screen is too dark, i know that this tv have natural dark color but sometimes it's hard to watch movies from USB.Any idea how to check it?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If you mean that shadow detail appears crushed to pure black:

Turn the brightness up until the point where the screen starts to wash out and then back it off a bit and check the menus for something like black level, if it's set to dark then switch it to light. Use game mode if you notice lag but if your set has a cinema mode try that as well.

If you mean the screen appears dim:

Turn the contrast control up until the point where it either appears bright enough for you or you start to notice clipping (detail loss in bright areas)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It think it's the first one.Though it doesn't seems to have such option. I mean black level or similiar.Today i was watching "Public Enemies",camera was set up in car,outside sun was shining good, but inside one man was black and it was hard to see his face,shadows were too black.I'm playing in game mode.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastUSSJ  /t/1417785/panasonic-tx-l37e30e-picture-sometimes-too-dark#post_22174320

It think it's the first one.Though it doesn't seems to have such option. I mean black level or similiar.Today i was watching "Public Enemies",camera was set up in car,outside sun was shining good, but inside one man was black and it was hard to see his face,shadows were too black.I'm playing in game mode.

Do you think this article would help?
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1294057/2010-panasonic-cats-override

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got some results, in service menu i adjusted SUB-BRT and it started to give what i wanted, black seems to get more shadows.It was set up 800, now it's A50.it seems to be better it was.I only want to ask if it don't screw anything(i've got 2 year guarantee,but know how to set it back to default) and what is the maximum, cause i've got A50 so the maximum is ZZZ or what...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts