AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Panasonic Viera TX-L42ET5B and hooked it up to my Sony Receiver/Amp STR-DH510 in the last few days. It's playing silly buggers. Into the Sony Receiver/amp I have connected via HDMI an Xbox, SkyHD and a Sony BDP-S570.

So not particularly expensive kit. Only connected it a couple of days ago, but really struggling to find any combination of turning off Viera Link and resetting the receiver that gives me the picture.

I can only hear sound but no picture with any of these devices.

If I use the TV with it's built in HD receiver I have both sound and picture. And it I connect any of the device individually directly to the TV I get sound and picture...but not then through my speakers/receiver which I want given the relatively poor sound performance of the TV.

Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
You didn't mention it, but you DO have an HDMI connection from your receiver to your TV, right??? Once that's in place, you should only need to select the HDMI input using your TV's remote.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hmmm, well this should be pretty simple. Your three source devices connect to the three HDMI inputs on the receiver. Since you said you get audio from all of them, that is apparently working fine. Connecting HDMI from the receiver's HDMI output to any of your TV's HDMI inputs, should give you video from whichever source device is active. There shouldn't be anything more to it other than selecting the correct inputs on the TV and receiver. You might try using a different HDMI cable going to the TV, or trying different inputs on the TV. I don't think Viera Link or Bravia Sync are causing an issue, but you could turn them off to see if there's a difference.

I didn't look for a copy of the receiver's manual online, but check it to see if there are any output video settings that may be set incorrectly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'll look at the output settings. I've managed to get the TV sound playing through the speakers via the receiver now. Still struggling with the picture though. I'll also swap the HDMI cables too to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey PossumGirl,

I've not idea how, but swapping out the HDMI and then turning all the devices off and on again in different orders has solved it. Very strange. Thanks for responding though.

Cheers,

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts