AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"TY-42TM4D DVI Terminal Board allows for direct digital input of RGB signals, which increases the number of gray shades that can be reproduced to 2,048. It also enables the reproduction of 2,048 shades via the Real Gamma Correction technology in Panasonic's plasma displays, double the 1,024 shades of graduation via analogue inputs.

Specifically designed for TH-50PHD5 / TH-42PHD5 / TH-42PWD5 Panasonic plasma displays, the DVI connection minimises the data transfer distortion and sync problems that are common in conventional analog transfers. "

Now the 5 series are old models these DVI cards are getting cheaper and cheaper, my question...

Did Panasonic ever upgrade the software on the TY-42TM4D DVI Terminal Board so that it accepted and displayed 1366x768 resolution on TH-50PHD5 plasmas, or was it always locked to 1024x768 only?

If it is fixed to 1024x768, if the DVI input receives a 480p/576p signal does it scale to 1024x768 first and then to screens native resolution? i.e. do two scales?

PS: I do not care about HDCP or HDMI (in this post).

StooMonster

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by capprentice
From what I have been told. The dvi for the 5uy will only accept 640-480, 800-600, 1024-768 all at 60hz They say that any other resulution is not supported.
Argh! You mean no 16:9, such as 1280x720?

So much for HTPC.

Bill

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by StooMonster
Thank you capprentice, no wonder these lame cards didn't sell well.

StooMonster
Also you'll lose the Component Input using the TY-42TM4D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a radeon 9700 pro and I cant get the blade to work at ANY resolution, much less the native resolution of the display. Also, when going from SD to HD or HD to SD, sometimes I get a weird monichrome out of sync signal. I have to change channels or completely power off and back on to get it to synchronize. The problem is that I dont know if the problem is my STB(HD300) or the DVI blade. Sometimes when I power up I get a NO SIGNAL which makes me suspect the STB. I am very frustrated over this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.