AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Good Luck moving them Chris. Hope Chad calibrates and posts a 54VT25 review. Like many, I will be very interested in the measured initial black level.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something_Soft /forum/post/18391656

When is it? Jeeze.

It appears that Panasonic has not released an official release date yet for the VT25. They usually post the Operating Manual on their service website 2-4 weeks before the TV becomes available and so far they don't even have the manual up on their site ( i checked last night). Right now their manuals page is down so maybe they're adding it as i type

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliion /forum/post/18247197

According to the usatoday website, Panasonic plans to have its first 3D HDTVs in stores next week. (Model and pricing information have not yet been released.)

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...dtv04_ST_N.htm

Errr, that article was written over three weeks ago. The 50VT20 has been available for a few weeks now. Some people here already have them and have posted about em in the VT20/VT25 thread. The VT20 is up on BB's website and available for delivery.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
A Best Buy employee over at Blu-ray.com just posted the following dates, which he said were posted on the BB computer system today:

The 50" and 54" VT25 "first week in May"

the 58VT25 "Last week in May"

the 65VT25 "June 5"

Also on June 5, the BB stores that don't have the VT20 (less profitable and/or no Magnolia room) will get the 50VT20.

He also posted pricing, though he indicated it is only tentative as Panny evaluates response to the current VT20 pricing.

·
Registered
560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoffo /forum/post/18400232

A Best Buy employee over at Blu-ray.com just posted the following dates, which he said were posted on the BB computer system today:

The 50" and 54" VT25 "first week in May"

the 58VT25 "Last week in May"

the 65VT25 "June 5"

Also on June 5, the BB stores that don't have the VT20 (less profitable and/or no Magnolia room) will get the 50VT20.

He also posted pricing, though he indicated it is only tentative as Panny evaluates response to the current VT20 pricing.

I pre-ordered my 65VT25 at a local retailer and they had 6/11 in their computers.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
i would really like a 54 or 58...leaning towards a 58 though...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimeran /forum/post/18402144

i would really like a 54 or 58...leaning towards a 58 though...

Me too. I saw the v20, only in 2D, last week & it was nice but not big enough for me. 58 sounds like a nice step up from my old Samsung LNR328WX huh?

That V25 seems like a life-time away...

·
Vendor
32,790 Posts
Yep, your right they are late. That is why in my post I chose the word "should". They "where" to hit first week of April. I mentioned it once and I will say it again, release dates mean nothing. Manufacturers run into production delays, the longest I have seen these delays has been 90 days.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The 54VT25 was available to order at BB (delivery, no display yet), but the 58" and 65" still were not in their system. This was as of 4/16/10 in San Diego.

I got the ok to replace my Samsung DLP (HL-S6187) through warranty service and really don't want to take a huge step down in size by going with the 54" so the 58" is right up my alley. Has anyone heard anything new on release dates? I can get the 58V10 right now, but I would rather get the newer tech if possible.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18497586

Yep, your right they are late. That is why in my post I chose the word "should". They "where" to hit first week of April. I mentioned it once and I will say it again, release dates mean nothing. Manufacturers run into production delays, the longest I have seen these delays has been 90 days.

Haha, I know, I was just kidding around.

Was just curious if anyone heard anything.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18245813

50" and 54" in next 30 days they should start popping up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Something_Soft /forum/post/18496822

Approaching 60 days and nearly nothing!

The post you quoted is from 3 March, and your post was 17 April, so that's 45 days. I've never heard 45 days called 'approaching 60 days'.

They are indeed late, according to the info. CP was told, but that is quite common. However, Panasonic said 'Spring', and that has exactly two months left; not that they couldn't be later than that, also. I think they'll have them out in Spring easily, though.

·
Registered
483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1 /forum/post/18514772

The post you quoted is from 3 March, and your post was 17 April, so that's 45 days. I've never heard 45 days called 'approaching 60 days'.

They are indeed late, according to the info. CP was told, but that is quite common. However, Panasonic said 'Spring', and that has exactly two months left; not that they couldn't be later than that, also. I think they'll have them out in Spring easily, though.

I wouldn't even necessarily call them late. The 50VT20 has been out for a few weeks now and that is essentially a VT25. The 54VT25 has been reported as ordering from Best Buy and the 58" and 65VT25 have been stated by Panasonic as mid June, so still in-line with "Spring" releases. Of course no where nearly as fast as we'd like but better than previous years! Now I just have to find a seller for my 65V10 around then.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm confused about the 2010 Panasonic model numbers.

Is there going to be a V20/V25 model (i.e., a direct successor to the V10) in between the G20/G25 (which is the successor to the G10/G15) and the new 3D VT25? Or does the lineup go straight from G20/G25 to VT25?

I want a 58" plasma with 96hz 24p playback, but don't want a V10 because of the black level issues and don't want to spend the money on a VT25 because I'm not yet sold on 3D and assume I will be vastly overpaying to buy their very first 3D model. Am I going to be forced to get a Samsung?

Finally, is there any real difference between the G20 and G25 (or the VT20 and VT25)? Or are the different model numbers just differentiating near-identical models intended for different sales channels?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts