AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've had it set up and it's worked perfectly for the past year or so, but now something has changed.

I'm not sure what happened, but all of a sudden my sound from the Viera (like from Netflix, DLNA streaming, etc) has stopped going to the Sony receiver. Maybe the kids messed with something, but I can't figure it out.

When I turn on the TV, it links to the Sony and the receiver turns on too, like it always has. When I put on DLNA streaming or Netflix on the Viera, the Sony's display switches to TV like it's supposed to. The problem is that there's no sound coming out of the home theatre. Everything else (Wii, Wii U, Bluray Player) that's plugged into my Sony is working great and all the sound and video is coming through as good as always.

I've tried all the settings for both devices, but no go. I turned on Viera Link, with the TV speakers OFF and the Viera Link audio option set to Home Theatre. The TV volume buttons even sync up with the home theatre setting and it says Home Theatre Volume when I move it up and down, and the volume number changes on the receiver too! The Sony receiver Control HDMI is set ON. I'm plugged into HDMI 1 on the Viera. The output on the Sony is labeled ARC. I don't know what I'm overlooking here and it's driving me nuts! I want to stream my movies and music through DLNA again but I just can't watch it with TV speakers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but I tried doing the optical wire before it worked this way and I couldn't get digital surround with it for some reason. If I use ARC between the two my DLNA streaming puts through DTS and Dolby really well. Besides that, my cables are all running through my living room wall because my TV is hung on the wall. I really don't want to route another wire through it because my walls from this old house are a real pain in the rear to fish through.

This should all be working through the HDMI but I can't figure out what setting I'm missing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts