AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very new to Plasma TV's, as a matter of fact, this is my first one. Can anyone help me as to why my picture looks so "snowy." Especially with sports or fast motion. I am using Category 2 HDMI cables from both a Timewarner Motorola HD box and my Samsung Blu-ray player. However, even the main TV menu looks a little snowy to me. Am I just being a bit picky for this quality of a TV set? Any input is appreciated. TY

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2plasma /forum/post/19631065

Very new to Plasma TV's, as a matter of fact, this is my first one. Can anyone help me as to why my picture looks so "snowy." Especially with sports or fast motion. I am using Category 2 HDMI cables from both a Timewarner Motorola HD box and my Samsung Blu-ray player. However, even the main TV menu looks a little snowy to me. Am I just being a bit picky for this quality of a TV set? Any input is appreciated. TY

1. How close are to to the screen when you see this "snow"? Can you see it from a normal viewing distance (like 8-10 feet for instance) or are you only seeing it when you're a few feet from the screen?

Can you describe this snow in more detail?

2. Which Picture Mode are you using when you see this snow? (Vivid, Standard, Cinema, etc)?

3. Have you adjusted the picture settings? If so, what is your Sharpness and Contrast and Brightness etc set at?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Randy - thanks for responding.

1) Sitting a little over 7ft from screen. Snow is there on blacks picture is fuzzy on around sports or when bright colors come across the screen. Doesn't look as crisp as other plasmas I've seen.

2)All picture modes look this way.

3) yes - I've adjusted the picture settings on the custom setting to Contract 58, Brightness 70, Color 56, Tint 0, Sharpness 55.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts