AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK back to Panny TC-P54Z1 talk again...

I have been keeping my eye on the Panasonic Viera TC-P54Z1 plasma tv for a longggggggggg time. The price has dropped so much (due to newer models release) that my balls almost dropped.

Aesthetically this is a beautiful plasma I have seen so far. Love the "expensive-looking" "annodized-like brushed metal" bezel and 1 inch thin slim design. I have heard it has gotten props for having very "crisp", "sharp", and "punchy" pictures in addition to superb black levels.

Question #1:

- For the HTPC users, do you get 1:1 pixel mapped 2D desktop screen when you run HDMI cable from PC to the TV? Pixel by pixel, 1920 x 1080?

Question #2:

- This TV is wireless. What about the POWER CABLE??? Does it connect to the panel or is that wireless too? (kind of stupid question, but wanted to verify this once again)

That's all the question I have so far... I may come up with a few more. LMAO.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez /forum/post/19570067

Panasonic Viera TC-P54Z1 54" still the King?

It's a nice TV and all but it was never the king.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm not sure they've been directly compared very often, but from what I gather from CNET reviews and other sources, the newer Panasonics like the VT20/25 seem to have improved upon the Z1.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okiedokie guys,

It appears my thread topic name drew more attention instead.... Let's forget about the topic name.

Can anyone that owns this TV or has good info on it answer to my questions in the first post? Input please.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Power is not wireless.

As far as the pixel mapping question, I would assume that what applies to the other Panasonics of that generation would also apply to the Z1. Search around a bit to verify, but I haven't heard of overscan issues. AFAIK, most decent plasmas sold these days have a 1:1/dot-by-dot mode.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
The 54Z1 is basically a V10, but with an AR Filter system that's similar to that of the 54G25 or 54VT25. I just played with one at Magnolia a few weeks ago that's on clearance. The 50G20 in the same room looked better. FWIW.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah /forum/post/19583098

Power is not wireless.

As far as the pixel mapping question, I would assume that what applies to the other Panasonics of that generation would also apply to the Z1. Search around a bit to verify, but I haven't heard of overscan issues. AFAIK, most decent plasmas sold these days have a 1:1/dot-by-dot mode.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/19583174

The 54Z1 is basically a V10, but with an AR Filter system that's similar to that of the 54G25 or 54VT25. I just played with one at Magnolia a few weeks ago that's on clearance. The 54VT25 in the same room looked better. FWIW.

You lyin' a$$..
See post below from the older thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by $$Buck-Naked$$ /forum/post/19133337

Both the Z1 and VT25 have a black level of 0,009cd/m2. The Z1 uses a prototype of the same panel used in the V25/VT25.

The VT25 is cheaper though with 3d support and that's neglecting the fact the Z1 problably has the same MLL rise problem as other 2009 Panasonic Plasma's
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1266652&page=2

Anyways, I'm not sure why you had to mention "TC-P54Z1 Vs. VT25" when I said "Forget about my topic name" and asked a couple of my questions in the first post.... I don't need someone's *guess* to claim what Z1 is made of and everything about its electronics compare to the other models... besides, you don't even own one, the Z1 that is.

We can go on and on and on about comparing the two and slamming each other all day all week all month all year but you ain't going to do that in my thread.... There is no way in hell I'm buying a VT25. You wanna praise VT25 or G25 to death go some place (other thread(s)) else.

·
Banned
826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez /forum/post/19588576

Thanks

You lyin' a$$..

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1266652&page=2

Anyways, I'm not sure why you had to mention "TC-P54Z1 Vs. VT25" when I said "Forget about my topic name" and asked to answer my two questions.... I don't need someone's *guess* to determine what Z1 is made of and everything about its electronics compare to the other models...and you don't even own one.

We can go on and on and on about comparing the two and slamming each other all day all week all month all year but you ain't going to do that in my thread.... There is no way in hell I'm buying a VT25. You wanna praise VT25 or G25 to death go some place (other thread(s)) else.

Wow, , what a smart ass you are...

You don't have to own something, to know what is inside it. Next time dont lash out at people trying to help you, moron.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHoosierdaddy /forum/post/19590630

Wow, , what a smart ass you are...

You don't have to own something, to know what is inside it. Next time dont lash out at people trying to help you, moron.

He wasn't helping in the first place! you moron. Btw, watch your damn mouth. Making personal attacks and name calling isn't acceptable in here, it is a violation. You must be new... Where did you learn such language from? How old are you?

Wait... your profile says:
XxHoosierdaddy

You just signed up recently. Look at your handle name.

I don't need this kind of crap garbage in my thread. And KEEP ON TOPIC about the Z1.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Go buy your Z1....Dont come back whining here if/when you have problems, especially with Black levels. People are trying to help you out. Be grateful.

·
Banned
826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez /forum/post/19590656

He wasn't helping in the first place! you moron. Btw, watch your damn mouth. Starting personal attacks and name calling isn't acceptable in here. You must be new. Where did you learn such language from? How old are you?

Your profile:

XxHoosierdaddy

You just signed up recently. Look at your handle name.

1) I've been here since 07, and just now made an account.

2) My name is the same as my Xbox Live name. For the gaming section of this site.

But yeah, I hope you enjoyed lashing at good people trying to help you.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez /forum/post/19588576

You lyin' a$$..

The Z1 uses a prototype of the same panel used in the V25/VT25

So you're saying i'm wrong based on one single statement from Mr. $$Buck-Naked$$ ?? Are you sure that he knows what he's talking about here? Do you honestly believe that Panasonic installed "Prototype VT25" panels into the Z1?

From what i remember of last year's discussions, the Z1 used a hand-picked G10/V10 panel, but the only difference was that it was the first Panasonic to use the new Kuro-like Bonded AR Filter technology similar (or the same) as planned for use on the upcoming VT25. I'm virtually positive that it does not have some "prototype" VT25 panel from the future. I seriously don't believe that Panasonic would make a special production run of "prototype" 54VT25 panels when their existing G10/V10 panels were getting rave reviews as it is.

Now if you can come up with data or evidence to the contrary then please post links and/or cite references instead of stomping your feet and throwing an E-Tantrum here. Now run along and start searching for proof that the Z1 used a prototype panel. If you can prove it to us, i'll recant my opinions on the matter.

But i think you're trying to make the 54Z1 out to be some holy grail of Panasonics when it's just an overpriced, unloved, unwanted, anorexic V10 in need of a good tan. And now they're stuck with surplus units that they have to practically give away because they didn't even sell all of last year's small limited production run. King my ass. Don't get all butt-hurt

Quote:
Are you absolutely sure he knows all about the Z1? I really hope you are right.... just because some poster has long experience in plasmas and that has large number of post count doesn't mean that person knows all about it. I am afraid he will not answer some technical questions about the Z1.

Yet you're so sure that Mr. $$Buck-Naked$$, with all of his 33 posts, knows all about the Z1?

Quote:
I don't need someone's *guess* to claim what Z1 is made of and everything about its electronics compare to the other models... besides, you don't even own one, the Z1 that is.

Yet you believe Mr. $$Buck-Naked$$, who also does not own a Z1. Have you seen any credible references to this supposed "prototype panel" being used in the Z1 aside from this one European guy's comment?

Quote:

This isn't your thread, it's our thread now and we'll post whatever we want wherever we want whenever we want.

Please go buy yourself a 54Z1. The one i saw was on sale for $1399, yet the 54VT25 nearby looked better. Fry's across the street had the 54G25 for a hundred bucks cheaper and it looks better too.

·
Registered
19,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/0

So you're saying i'm wrong based on one single statement from Mr. $$Buck-Naked$$ ?? Are you sure that he knows what he's talking about here? Do you honestly believe that Panasonic installed "Prototype VT25" panels into the Z1?

From what i remember of last year's discussions, the Z1 used a hand-picked G10/V10 panel, but the only difference was that it was the first Panasonic to use the new Kuro-like Bonded AR Filter technology similar (or the same) as planned for use on the upcoming VT25. I'm virtually positive that it does not have some "prototype" VT25 panel from the future. I seriously don't believe that Panasonic would make a special production run of "prototype" 54VT25 panels when their existing G10/V10 panels were getting rave reviews as it is.

Now if you can come up with data or evidence to the contrary then please post links and/or cite references instead of stomping your feet and throwing an E-Tantrum here. Now run along and start searching for proof that the Z1 used a prototype panel. If you can prove it to us, i'll recant my opinions on the matter.

But i think you're trying to make the 54Z1 out to be some holy grail of Panasonics when it's just an overpriced, unloved, anorexic V10 in need of a good tan. And now they're stuck with surplus units that they have to practically give away because they didn't even sell all of last year's small limited production run. King my ass. Don't get all butt-hurt

Yet you believe Mr. $$Buck-Naked$$, who also does not own a Z1. Have you seen any credible references to this supposed "prototype panel" being used in the Z1 aside from this one European guy's comment?

This isn't your thread, it's our thread now and we'll post whatever we want wherever we want whenever we want.

Please go buy yourself a 54Z1. The one i saw was on sale for $1399, yet the 54VT25 nearby looked better and was a hundred bucks cheaper. Clown

Randy,

You are 100% correct. The Z1 is no more than a V10 with a different top layer. It is not a prototype for any 2010 model.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez /forum/post/19590656

He wasn't helping in the first place! you moron. Btw, watch your damn mouth. Making personal attacks and name calling isn't acceptable in here, it is a violation.

Pot > Kettle > Black

But always entertaining....

Quote:
Where did you learn such language from? How old are you?

The bigger questsion is, how old are YOU?

D-Nice - thank you sir for the verification

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am a long time lurker with few actual posts but probably 10k plus posts in my head and I have to say this is the most entertaining thread I have read in a while. Reading RW and D-Nice's responses is like music to my eyes. I suggest that ...noobieCheez renew his neuroleptic prescription. That's not a personal attack but just some friendly advice.

·
Registered
278 Posts
RandyWalters knows his stuff when it comes to Panasonic. One thing I remember him saying was that the 2005 TH-42PX50U was a better TV than the 2006 TH-42PX60U and he was spot on because I had both. The TH-42PX50U had a few dead pixels and was tiped over in the repair van in rout to the shop and is the reason why I ended up with the 6ou. That being said, I now have the Z1. This TV is fantastic. Almost a year now I am still happy, even with all the talk of rising black levels. I used the settings off CNET and never looked back. This is probably one of the best looking TVs too (to me). It screams quality. I can see you not going the 3D rout. I have no use for it too. It looks like you can still get this 2009 model today. I got a great deal from ecost.com on her. Panasonic stood by plasma when others put much effort in LED. Everyone knows Pioneer was king in plasma, but only for the deep pocket customers. There is no doubt in my mind you would be VERY happy with the Z1. I know this is an older thread, but felt I needed to put in my 2cents. What did you ever settle on?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.