AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey all

I know this is a common problem and there are fixes out there, but I think my problem is a little different. I have a think black bar in the center of my screen. I followed it down to the ribbon in the back and reconnect it and nothing. I did however notice a small burn on the ribbon which may be causing the problem or may not be.

My question is, do you guys think this is the problem? And if it is, is there an easy/cheap fix? I found the TV curb side, so no real loss to me. Picture of the ribbon cable:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoal123  /t/1522592/panasonic-viera-th-50pz800u-black-bar-fix/0_100#post_24484147

Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ800U Black Bar ... I did however notice a small burn on the ribbon which may be causing the problem or may not be.

That burnt chip is embedded within that flex cable and permanently attached to the plasma panel itself. It is considered non-repairable. It appears to be an electrical connection, going by the 6-pins from the board going to that burnt area, preventing the chip to fully operate and causing the black bar.

Some of the parts from that TV are fairly valuable, especially the power P-board which usually has a bad component and is in demand. The A-board is also easily damaged by static electricity or surges and is in demand. eBay might be a good place to sell those parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts