AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's a bit of apples vs. oranges. 720p vs. 1080p. 50" vs. 58". Without a better understanding of your installation environment, priorities, and viewing habits, I doubt that you'll get a meaningful response.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops. Sorry. The Samsung is 50", not 58". I do realize that the resolution is different.

I will watch mainly sports on satellite tv and play an occasional game or dvd on the set.

I've read the posts on here that proclaim the greater reliability of Panasonic over Samsung and the lack of customer service for Samsung. So I guess my question is, for those that are Pan people, would you prefer a 720p Pansonic to a 1080p Samsung?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My personal opinion on why I am going panny over samsung. My first samsung lcd died about 2 years after I purchased it. It was not covered under warranty. I do not blame samsung for not covering it but I do blame samsung for a tv that died after 2 years of very light usage. Secondly, after checking out samsungs at sears and best buy I definitely hear a buzz on the 550 and 650 series. I probably could not hear it at the distance I am viewing but it would be in the back of my mind. I have my eyes set on the panny once prices get a little lower. Either way you can't go wrong they are both great but I have some vices with samsung. Samsung prices are really low at amazon.com with available coupons. I think the 550 is $924.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.