AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam's has the following three VHS-DVD burners (dubbers?) and I'd like to learn which is the best and why, please. I want to burn my personal, home-made VHS tapes to DVD at the highest quality possible.

Panasonic DMR-ES45VS $298.76

Sony RDR-VX521 $247.73

Samsung DVD-VR330 $199.87

Thanks in advance, folks, for any and all suggestions and assistance.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The only Combo unit I would buy for a main unit is a Panasonic.

It has better editing features than the Sony plus it has "Flexiable Recording" & the best picture quality in the "LP" 4 hour Recording mode of any combo unit.

As for the Samsung it's really not in the same class as the Panny.

You might also want to take a look at Costco because they have the DMR-ES46V model which is the same as the 45V but comes with the HDMI Cable & is around the same price that you quoted for the 45V at Sam's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new at this and need to learn a lot about this topic - perhaps someone can help - I purchased a Panasonic DMR-ES46V at SAMs Club and even though the unit was very simple to install via the HDMI cable, playback of my VHS tapes was not very good... the quality was much better on my old Panasonic VHS player... ALso, when playing DVDs on this unit, I could never get the DMR-ES46V to fill the screen on my VIZIO 37" HDTV... the DVD movies were OK as far as quality but the screen shown (set up 16:9) had thick black lines on all sides... if you asked to use "strech" to fill the sides, it distorted the picture... I could not get the unit to give me the resolution and format that I needed.

I am now using my old LiteOn DVD recorder and the screen format is much better, at least the screen is filled on side to side and the top and bottom black lines are much smaller and the picture is not distorted.

I have returned the DMR-ES46V

I would like to upgrade to a DVD/VCR machine but now I don't know what to get.

Any ideas?... Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.