AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new VSX-523K hooked up to a projector with HDMI. I'm running a PS3 and a Comcast HD box both through HDMI to the receiver. It is connected to a 5 speaker system with a subwoofer. Some shows come across sounding perfect - others come across sounding like they're at the bottom of a tin can for lack of a better term. I've even had the show sound fine, and the commercial sound bad. I guess you could all it an echo, although the sound doesn't really repeat - it just awful quality. I've used the MCACC for setup, and verified that everything it set up was correct. Changing from a preset option like Action or Drama to stereo reduces the "echo", but eliminates the surround sound. I have the issue no matter if I'm watching cable or a video on my PS3 - Any ideas?

I didn't have a problem with the old receiver (until it died) which was setup as follows - same cable box - component. PS3 - Digital Audio. Everything was run to the projector seperately for video. All speakers are the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've determined that HD channels sound fine - standard channels produce the echo. When I switch to auto the echo is gone- I get sound out of the front speakers, but no surround sound.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm curious try one of the following

1) Set S.DELAY to a higher number i.e 1.0

2)Set surround speakers as large even if they aren't

3)Set subwoofer distance to one inferior than your furthest speaker

example: right speaker at 3.0 meters put sub distance at 2.0 meters

1 - 3 of 3 Posts