AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
below is text copied directly from panasonics website telling how to install a firmware update for the vt/gt series to get "james camerons" picture settings,

While looking over this i discovered this text describing how to perform the update, is this a panasonic slip up on a yet to be released model?





1.Press the Menu button of the remote control to go to the picture-quality setting screen.

Use the button of the remote control to select "Picture mode."

Press the button to set the mode to "Custom."

* The figure for the 65/58VT30 is "+95".


link( http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us201...ealSettings#vt )
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy /forum/post/19586216


hasn't really been 'spotted'...more like 'mentioned'

Probably more like "misprinted" since the VT30 doesn't even exist yet....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/19587126


Probably more like "misprinted" since the VT30 doesn't even exist yet....

I think the VT30 will eventually be the name of the 2011 high end sets and I'm sure Panasonic has shared their information with Cameron about it (due to their exclusive Avatar 3D partnership)...so in theory it's a misprint but in reality I'm sure the information is correct
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy /forum/post/19590769


I think the VT30 will eventually be the name of the 2011 high end sets and I'm sure Panasonic has shared their information with Cameron about it (due to their exclusive Avatar 3D partnership)...so in theory it's a misprint but in reality I'm sure the information is correct

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb00007777 /forum/post/19601694


When do you think the new models will be available?

Last year, the 50VT20 became available in the middle of March, which is a typical timeframe for Panasonic. Lower end models release earlier than mid or higher models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/19601713


Last year, the 50VT20 became available in the middle of March, which is a typical timeframe for Panasonic. Lower end models release earlier than mid or higher models.

That's what I was thinking. I want a 65" but thought I'd wait for the 2nd year with the 3d.


Don't know if I can hold out that long!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/19601713


Last year, the 50VT20 became available in the middle of March, which is a typical timeframe for Panasonic. Lower end models release earlier than mid or higher models.

The 'low-end' models (S series, etc.) were ~20 Feb.; (~12 Feb., the year before).


Correct about the 50VT20 release time, it was ~14 March; that was right after their second best, the G series, ('mid-line', I would call it), which was ~2 March (~9 March, the year before).


The rest of the 'high-end' models, the entire VT25 series (50"-65") was ~25 May.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy /forum/post/19590769


I think the VT30 will eventually be the name of the 2011 high end sets and I'm sure Panasonic has shared their information with Cameron about it (due to their exclusive Avatar 3D partnership)...so in theory it's a misprint but in reality I'm sure the information is correct

Why not VT35 ? So, BB could still have an exclusive 50VT30.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb00007777 /forum/post/19601694


When do you think the new models will be available?


FWIW, a Panasonic exec responded to an issue we had with our distribution folks this morning and in a follow-up email he mentioned "the TC-P65VT30 has an expected sales start date in April 2011." (my underlining, not his)



Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlgLaw /forum/post/19660563


FWIW, a Panasonic exec responded to an issue we had with our distribution folks this morning and in a follow-up email he mentioned "the TC-P65VT30 has an expected sales start date in April 2011." (my underlining, not his)



Jim

This is kind of what I'm expecting, but it would be great if it was earlier in the year. I'm gonna be in the market for a 65" VT30.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Nice to see all the "rumors" ended up being confirmed. Shouldn't we be hearing pricing information now that availability has been pegged to March-April? Considering the lead time required for having sets ready for retail release in that time frame, those in the distribution chain would certainly need to know very very soon prices in order to place orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtv /forum/post/19832343


nice to see all the "rumors" ended up being confirmed. Shouldn't we be hearing pricing information now that availability has been pegged to march-april? Considering the lead time required for having sets ready for retail release in that time frame, those in the distribution chain would certainly need to know very very soon prices in order to place orders.


tc-p55vt30- $2799.95


tc-p65vt30- $4299.95
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
I strolled into one of the local Best Buys yesterday, looking to buy the 65inch vt25 and was informed they no longer are selling that model due to the fact the vt30's will soon be arriving. He advised I wait for the Memorial Day sale thingie. Cool. I can do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smith /forum/post/20046475


I strolled into one of the local Best Buys yesterday, looking to buy the 65inch vt25 and was informed they no longer are selling that model due to the fact the vt30's will soon be arriving. He advised I wait for the Memorial Day sale thingie. Cool. I can do that.

that's still 3 months away...I guess the Best Buy guy's definition of 'soon' is different then mine...I was expecting him to say it's coming in a few weeks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
Congrats and thanks for update.


I'll "work from home" tomorrow and see if my local Mag has them to pre-order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oknish /forum/post/20237313


My local Magnolia had VT30 (55" & 65") ready to be ordered with ETA in late April. I pulled the trigger on Tue on 65VT30.

I just called mine in NC and they didn't have them in the system yet.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top