AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there using any 3rd party apps for control of a VT60 over a network connection?

I've been experimenting with the Roomie IOS app and it's not without issues. I'm wondering if anything else out there is offering robust control of a VT60 over the network? Besides the arguably lame factory apps. Has the protocol been documented anywhere? Or is it all being done via reverse engineering?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm working with iRule and the VT60. It will turn off but I cannot seem to get it to turn "on" although it will turn off. I'm using WOL and have set the TV, iRule, and the handset but doesn't seem to work. Just started playing with iRule yesterday so.........

·
Banned
385 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
WOL is not supported on the VT60/ZT60 if TV is in Wi-Fi mode since the Wi-Fi is turned off upon power off. Cabled it up and it works fine.

If you are interested (from the iRule forum)......

AGK Feb 22, 2014 01:17PM EST

WOL (Wake on LAN)does work with the Panasonic VT60 plasma.

1. Setup the network connection with a static IP address. Test the connection, and view the details. The MAC address will be listed.

2. In the Network settings, turn on 'Wake on LAN' under 'TV Remote App settings'

2. Download the PANASONIC VT60/ZT60 IP CONTROL device.

3. Create a HTTP gateway on the handheld with the device's IP address.

4. Turn on WOL, set HTTP method to POST, and enter the MAC address. Adjust the delay to suit your needs.

5. In Builder, drag the WOL action onto whatever you are using to wake the screen.

6. In the WOL properties, enter the MAC address.

et voila.

BUT...... only if the TV is cabled to the network.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use WOL from Roomie (for now) with a VT60 and a wired ethernet connection. Works reasonably well as a 'power on' command. I've had no success at all using anything else to power it on via the network.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.