AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having spent the past couple of months reading constantly about the new Panny, I've pretty much decided to take the plunge on that within the next few weeks/month. One thing I would like to do before that is to actually see it in person. Since this is the commercial model, I'm guessing that they're not on the floor of your average retailer (planning to buy online - any recommendations for best service/delivery/install?). Does checking out the consumer model result in essentially the same picture? If I see that, I'll see pretty much what I'm going to get with the WD6UY?

Chris

Owner, animeondvd.com

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I saw the WD6UY yesterday at BB in Pensacola. It was not set up very good, awful picture on it. Next to it was a HD Panny that looked awesome.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Bobby, you didn't see what you think you saw.

Best Buy carries the consumer model, not the commercial one.

Chris wants to see the commercial one, but I think that is going to be hard.

Mark

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figure it'll be hard to near impossible. But since the commercial and consumer models are essentially identical, I should be able to basically get an idea of the quality of one via the other, right?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
But since the commercial and consumer models are essentially identical, I should be able to basically get an idea of the quality of one via the other, right?

________________________________________________-

Exactly what I was referring to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just took the plunge. I ultimately went with online retailer VA because they matched the lowest price I could find, they were in stock and they ship BNC to RCA adapters with the unit.

I think that I saw the unit at the Future Shop in Canada. They had quite a line up but there was no comparison between the other units. The panny and pio blew everyone else out of the water.

I have heard nothing but praise for the panny 6UY and Paul at VA said that this is the best unit for PQ in it's price range. He thought it was better than some HD sets including panny's own HD plasma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.