AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, n00b here after some advice please

Bit of a saga this but I'm considering calling panasonic customer service tomorrow as I'm extremely disappointed with Pana at the moment.

july 2009 I purchased a refurbed 42inch plasma viera, got it home and found out there was a fault with the tv not powering back up if you set it in stand by then turned the main switch off, retailer sent engineer, took it away changed software sent it back same day, this time with no sound. I wasn't impressed and retailer soured a replacement direct from pana and gave me 3yr warranty for free (PHEW!)

3 june 2011 the 42 inch viera failed, 10 blinks, warranty wrote it off

completely after 3 weeks.

I added some money to the insurance credit and Retailer sourced me a Viera TXP50G20 direct from pana last monday, It was delivered thursday, I watched a couple of movies screens amazing!, next night bit of TV then 45 mins of Gran Turismo, tv made a kinda pop/crack noise shut down (smell of melting wires) 7 Blinks

Retailer is bending over backwards to help me, but at the moment i feel that Pana have sold me 2 faulty TVs in 2 years and its looking like i'll end up with no tv for going on 2 months by the time a replacement is sorted out! I think ive got a pretty valid complaint here

What do you think?

·
Registered
12,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlock /forum/post/20765956

Hi all, n00b here after some advice please

Bit of a saga this but I'm considering calling panasonic customer service tomorrow as I'm extremely disappointed with Pana at the moment.

july 2009 I purchased a refurbed 42inch plasma viera, got it home and found out there was a fault with the tv not powering back up if you set it in stand by then turned the main switch off, retailer sent engineer, took it away changed software sent it back same day, this time with no sound. I wasn't impressed and retailer soured a replacement direct from pana and gave me 3yr warranty for free (PHEW!)

3 june 2011 the 42 inch viera failed, 10 blinks, warranty wrote it off

completely after 3 weeks.

I added some money to the insurance credit and Retailer sourced me a Viera TXP50G20 direct from pana last monday, It was delivered thursday, I watched a couple of movies screens amazing!, next night bit of TV then 45 mins of Gran Turismo, tv made a kinda pop/crack noise shut down (smell of melting wires) 7 Blinks

Retailer is bending over backwards to help me, but at the moment i feel that Pana have sold me 2 faulty TVs in 2 years and its looking like i'll end up with no tv for going on 2 months by the time a replacement is sorted out! I think ive got a pretty valid complaint here

What do you think?

Both were refurbs ? The G20 purchased from where ?

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts
Panasonic doesn't authorize their TVs to be refurbished so not sure how a dealer is selling refurbs, unless it's from one of those companies that mix and match parts from defective TVs to make one good one. And FWIW, other manufacturers (like Samsung) that do offer refurbs usually only warranty them for 90 days.

·
Registered
16,164 Posts
That is why I would not buy a refurbed TV (from any manufacturer). Panny is rated as lower failure rate than other plasma manufactuers. Why not try a brand new one next?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.