AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm new here but all I keep reading about it is the XR45 on this board.

The november issue of consumer reports rates the HE100 a "best buy" and rates it the #2 best receiver out of 17 models tested including the $800.00 Denon AVR2803.

The XR45 ranked #16 on the list.

So what's the deal ?

I always try to do research before I buy something are you guys saying the XR45 is a far superior receiver to the HE100 because no ones seems to be mentioning that one on this board.

How do these two receivers compare and what are the differences and will the HE100 be enough power for the Paradigm system 7 speaker setup?

Thanks for any opinions on this.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:
So what's the deal ?
Many people raving about the 45 aren't even using it as a receiver. They are buying it to get the TI digital amps inside at an incredibly cheap price. I believe the 100 uses standard analog amps. TacT uses similar TI digital circuits in their $3000 stereo amp. Granted, the TacT is more powerful and a more refined design but 6 digital amp channels for $300 is a steal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Consumer Reports aside, did anyone compare the two in terms of sound quality or power output?

How do they compare in those areas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Quote:
No, it has 2 3 channel class H digital amps in it.
Please eloborate. I thought the HE100 was analog output as well.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Quote:
They all have analog outputs...that's what drives the speakers. The He100 uses 2 3 channel modules.
What modules are you talking about? Do these use TI equibit IC's?

The XR45 uses TI equibit driver IC's in tandem with external FET's that make up the H-Bridge. It's very much like a variable level digital signal until it hits the output filter.

This from the TI website:
Quote:
The TAS5036 has six independent volume controls and mute. It is designed to drive a digital amplifier power stage (such as the TAS5182) in an H-bridge (bridge tied load) configuration. The device operates in AD and BD modes. This all-digital audio system contains only two analog components in the signal chain—an LC low-pass filter at each speaker terminal and can provide up to 96-dB SNR at the speaker terminals.

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
Quote:
What modules are you talking about?
I'm talking about the 2 3 channel class H power amp modules in the Panasonic SA HE100 receiver.

They are labeled:

RSN310R36, MOSFET 3ch Class H

I haven't been able to cross reference these numbers though.

I doubt they are made bt TI, but they are digital power amps, not linear, as was suggested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.