AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I have read up about page 260 after I got my 2112CI. And never had any issues that I couldn't fix with the info that's on here. So now Im stumped and thought its time to register. So I turn on Pandora today and it ask me to log in. I input my info but every time I hit ok after my password, Please Wait flashes on the screen and thats it. I tried a soft reset. Meaning unplugging for a while. Whats next?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Same thing Here w/ denon 3312. Came home as usual turned on the receiver asked me to log in to Pandora which was strange and sure enough. I enter my uername and password and it just says please wait....then nothing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi guys,


I'm having the same issue with my 2112ci. I tried to sign into Pandora for the first time today and it just flashes "Please Wait" for a second and does nothing. I created my account through the receiver's registration process about a month ago, and never tried to sign in before now.


Now when I click the "I don't have an account" option, it tells me I never completed the authentication process and to "follow the instructions" - what those are, I don't know. I'm guessing it wants me to sign in, which I cant.


Any ideas? Since I can't get it to display my authentication code, I can't try again by creating a new account. Hard reset doesn't seem to affect any Pandora settings (it remembers my login info afterwards), so I'm running out of ideas.


Help would be much appreciated!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
93,222 Posts
There have been issues with using the Pandora service for several weeks now. D&M is aware of the issue and working on a solution via firmware update. For the Denon XX12 model owners, this issue has been listed in post #4 of the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Also, take the time to review posts #1-6 in that thread if you haven't already as I also provide firmware changelog info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1442352/pandora-log-in-problem#post_22644071


There have been issues with using the Pandora service for several weeks now. D&M is aware of the issue and working on a solution via firmware update. For the Denon XX12 model owners, this issue has been listed in post #4 of the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Also, take the time to review posts #1-6 in that thread if you haven't already as I also provide firmware changelog info.

Yeah, I saw that. I didn't see any mention of this specific problem, though. I wonder if there's some sort of serverside issue, not a local firmware foulup - especially since this happened to all three of us at once....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
93,222 Posts
This is a different Pandora issue than the one we've been talking about for the last couple of months in the Denon threads ...see below.

****** Note that although this memo was put out by Denon, it applies to ALL brands of AVRs that feature Pandora ********

Important Announcement for Denon Customers Using Pandora Internet Radio


Dear Denon customer,



Please be advised that Pandora Internet Radio has recently altered certain connection requirements which have temporarily blocked our products from connecting to the Pandora service. Our engineers are currently working hard and will have a firmware update available as soon as possible via the internet to resolve this issue. This should not affect your product’s ability to receive other music streaming services. Please visit our website for firmware update schedule information after 12/6.


We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that Pandora’s alteration has caused.


AV Receivers:


AVR-1613, AVR-1713, AVR-1913, AVR-2113CI, AVR-2313CI, AVR-3313CI, AVR-4520CI, AVR-1912, AVR-2112CI, AVR-2312CI, AVR-3312CI, AVR-3311CI, AVR-991, AVR-4311CI, AVR-A100

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
So, I am not sure this is the appropriate thread, but here goes:

We have purchased a Pioneer VSX-822 (Budget-minded) and have loved it with our Inifnity speakers. Have loved listening to the Pandora radio and using the Airplay. Yesterday, I turned airplay off from my iPad to put the receiver on Pandora and received a message of "Server error" on our TV. My husband has reset things, turned it off, re-logged in to Pandora....nothing seems to work. In looking through this forum, it seems that it may be happening to people with other makes of receivers as well? Just looking for some confirmation that perhaps it is a Pandora issue and not an issue with our receiver.


Internet radio works fine, it's just the Pandora where we get the message "Server Error".


Thanks.

Kelly
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
93,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmlangston  /t/1442352/pandora-log-in-problem/0_100#post_22647354


So, I am not sure this is the appropriate thread, but here goes:

We have purchased a Pioneer VSX-822 (Budget-minded) and have loved it with our Inifnity speakers. Have loved listening to the Pandora radio and using the Airplay. Yesterday, I turned airplay off from my iPad to put the receiver on Pandora and received a message of "Server error" on our TV. My husband has reset things, turned it off, re-logged in to Pandora....nothing seems to work. In looking through this forum, it seems that it may be happening to people with other makes of receivers as well? Just looking for some confirmation that perhaps it is a Pandora issue and not an issue with our receiver.

Internet radio works fine, it's just the Pandora where we get the message "Server Error".

Thanks.

Kelly

Please read the post immediately above yours ... the current issue affects ALL brands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I just noticed this issue today, when trying to use my 3311CI. Thanks for the reason from Denon. Just goes to show you in an interconnected world, when one vendor decides to change something it can have unexpected consequences to other devices. Test, test, test!


Anyways, I've noticed the service just abruptly stopping at times as well 'no internet connection'. Is this the other issue that you've all been discussing for several months now? I just figured it was my DD-WRT wireless bridge connection/cable modem/router issues going on. Was going to look at upgrading the firmware of the routers today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmlangston  /t/1442352/pandora-log-in-problem#post_22647354


So, I am not sure this is the appropriate thread, but here goes:

We have purchased a Pioneer VSX-822 (Budget-minded) and have loved it with our Inifnity speakers. Have loved listening to the Pandora radio and using the Airplay. Yesterday, I turned airplay off from my iPad to put the receiver on Pandora and received a message of "Server error" on our TV. My husband has reset things, turned it off, re-logged in to Pandora....nothing seems to work. In looking through this forum, it seems that it may be happening to people with other makes of receivers as well? Just looking for some confirmation that perhaps it is a Pandora issue and not an issue with our receiver.

Internet radio works fine, it's just the Pandora where we get the message "Server Error".

Thanks.

Kelly

Kelly same issue here with my pioneer sc 65. Pandora and Sirius get server error, but Internet radio and airplay work fine. Any suggestions anyone? All ready reset network unplugged.
 
1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Top