AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am considering getting one of these two projectors in the near future.

Any thoughts?? I know Epson makes the pannels for all of them. I am thinking the image from the Pani might be too soft, (from some of the reviews I have read). I have never seen either one in action. both sound like good machines.

Thanks for any input...

Gary S.

·
Banned
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glswan /forum/post/15538929

Hello all,

I am considering getting one of these two projectors in the near future.

Any thoughts?? I know Epson makes the pannels for all of them. I am thinking the image from the Pani might be too soft, (from some of the reviews I have read). I have never seen either one in action. both sound like good machines.

Thanks for any input...

Gary S.

Hi, i had a very good experience with Epson. I am using it for long time and never faced any problem. Its Epson 6500UB. I bought it from Expo electronics. You can find this with very competitive rate as compared to other vendors. So just visit www.electronics-expo.com and see full specification and then buy it online with full warranty.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpindersohi /forum/post/15565150

Hi, i had a very good experience with Epson. I am using it for long time and never faced any problem. Its Epson 6500UB. I bought it from Expo electronics. You can find this with very competitive rate as compared to other vendors. So just visit www.electronics-expo.com and see full specification and then buy it online with full warranty.

That site does not seem to have the $300 in rebates that this forum sponsor does.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Several people have reviewed the 6100 but, aside from a couple professional reviews, no regular users like us have reviewed the 6500. I don't even think there is a review of it here at the AVS. Did the 6500 come out after the 6100? I thought it was joint release.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milacqua /forum/post/15565895

Several people have reviewed the 6100 but, aside from a couple professional reviews, no regular users like us have reviewed the 6500. I don't even think there is a review of it here at the AVS. Did the 6500 come out after the 6100? I thought it was joint release.

Lots of into on the 6500 in the above $3K forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1099301

The 6500 came out in Dec with limited numbers. There is a Japanese model that is essentially the same also discussed in a separate thread, but that is now an old thread.

shinksma

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks guys, I was looking in this forum while the information I was looking for was at the $3000 plus forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts