AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After tons of research on this site and others, I think I have decided on this projector. I had a question about the throw distance, brightness, and PQ, but first some details.

Throw distance = 13.5 FT

Seating distance = 13 FT

Room dimensions are 16x16 with 9ft ceilings.

With those distances, and the projector being the brightest 720p available, in my light controlled room, would the projector be able to throw a 120inch diagonal picture? I used the calculator on Projector Central and I actually fear it may be too bright for my seating distance. 1.5x screen width comes out to 13.125 ft. Thoughts? Suggestions?

PS, I love the feature where threads related to your thread title pop up before you post. Saved me from having to post repetitive questions on more than a couple of occasions!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had this projector on an 84" screen at 14' with seating at 14'. The picture was outstanding even with light's on. Very comfortable to watch.

In my new house it is on a 100" screen at 20' with seating at 15' and 19'. I was going to go with the 120" but there were some draw backs when sitting that close. Some people report suffering from nausea and dizziness. So I opted for the 100" and it is still plenty big enough that more than just your eye's move to watch TV from the first row of seats.

Now, I am looking at moving my projector to the 15'-17' distance as it is just not as bright as it was before.

So at this point I would say no it won't be to bright and that also depends on the screen you use. My first screen was gray with a 1.1 gain the new screen is also gray but has a 1.0 gain. Based on the calculations from Projector central I decided to go with the 1.0 for the new screen because it seemed as though it was going to be to bright, it is not. But I also increased the size by 16" and the throw distance by 7'.

Not sure if the helps or confuses as I am still making changes to my set up on the fly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts