AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone had a similar problem and could help me. My Panny 300 has lines on the center of the screen that are noticeable on bright scenes. There are about 4 horizontal darker lines that are centered on my 82" screen. When projected, they are approximately 2 inches in height and go about 1/3 the width of the screen. The lens has been cleaned and when I turn the lens, the lines stay in the same place. I also took the unit apart and cleaned in case dust blobs were the culprit. The screen is clean so it's something with the projector. The screen is Da-Lite audiovision (perf) and the back wall is blacked out. What bugged me last night when I was trying to figure the problem out is that the distortion is less noticeable when I stand up. Any ideas?

Thanks, Donnie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Donnie,

Haven't heard of anything specifically like this with the AE300.

I suggest you get a white sheet of paper and hold it infront of the screen where the lines are, if they appear on the paper then it's the projector and it's probably faulty :( , if not it's something funky going on with the screen.

When you say perf you don't mean perforated do you?

-- Jon

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Perhaps it's some electrical interference, or you have a faulty unit. Did this just start acutely, or has it been there from the start?

Jon-Yes he means perforated for sound so you can put the speakers behind the screen.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like this belongs in another forum. Thanks for the input.

I simply rotated the projector slightly on my homemade ceiling mount and the lines still stay in the middle. Definitely not a problem with the projector. I have cleaned the screen several times but it looks like the custom size screen is not tight enough in the middle. Time to contact Da-Lite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.