Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 6 week old PT-L300u with about 150 hours on it and it has developed an annoying glitch. About 5 minutes after I fire up the projector, it will switch the input all by itself. I'll take the remote and set it back to component input, and within a minute, it will cycle through the inputs by itself again until I set it back to component. This routine goes on for about 5 minutes, and then the problem just disappears and everything is normal. It seems to be getting worse though. Any ideas on what's causing this or do I need to send it out for service? I bought the projector from an online retailer that had it for a nice price just before Christmas. I'm not sure what their policy is regarding repairs.

By the way, thanks to forum members for the heads up on the sale.

Lum

·
Banned
962 Posts
not familiar with the unit, but there may be an autosource function where it searches for an active source, if so, try turing it off. Also turn off other devices that may be pluged into the projector that arnt being used.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you certain it isn't the remote? Try removing the batteries and seeing if it happens. Shot in the dark - but you never know.

If it does still happen I would recommend you go the warranty service route. I just got by AE200 back from the Elgin, Illinois repair center and they did a fantastic job and I had it back in 10 days. (I would have had even sooner but a part had to be ordered.)

Good luck and let us know what happens!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Lum,

I've never had anything like that happen with my 300 over the past year. If it was happening at random times, I'd be more likely to think that maybe you're getting some remote interference somewhere. But if it seems to happen the same time after you start up each session, then that doesn't sound like a remote issue. There's no auto source search function on this one.

I would start checking into your service options now. If it's only 6 weeks out, your dealer may be willing to help, especially if the problem started before 30 days was up. If not, you'll be dealing with Panny service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried hiding the remotes and shutting off anything that might put out interference but, as I expected, that didn't help at all. I guess I'll have to send it in for service after the Superbowl. Thanks for the input, everybody.

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Or one of the internal switches is sticking on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.