AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my Panasonic CT-36HX42 HDTV set about a month or two ago, and just recently (although I'm sure it's been there all along) I've noticed the top left corner of the screen appears to "slide downhill", like it's squished down. You can't see it on most things, unless there is some kind of horizontally straight line in that area. I've tried adjusting the "geomagnetic correction", just in case that affected it, but to no avail. Is this something anyone else has observed? Do you think it would be possible to adjust this in one of the "service menus"?? Any input would be appreciated!

-=Zzed=-

·
Registered
71 Posts
A lot of tv's have geometry problems when you first get them out of the box. My Samsung geometry was pretty terrible indeed.

You should be able to enter the service menu and correct geometry with a setup dvd like AVIA. Just make sure to write down all your original service menu values before you change anything! I am sure someone else with a Panasonic can tell you how to access the service menu.

If you are not game to try this then since your set is so new and under warranty I am sure an authorised tech would be able to come out and calibrate it properly free of charge. Just contact Panasonic and tell them the problem and they will help you from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.