AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for all of you Panny 42" owners. I have a Toshiba SD-9000 DVD player which, of course, doesn't output a progressive signal. I want to get the max performance from my panny so know I need to upgrade eventually.

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a well-built player with a good feature set that doesn't have some type of problem (chroma bug etc) that I can afford. Do you think the performance with the 9000 will be good enough to wait until the next batch of players arrive? Would the Panny 56/91 offer much improvement to warrant making it my interim player?

Anything in the $1,000 range on the horizon that solves the prevailing problems?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
BigHat-

I don't have any experience with Toshiba, But -

I was having trouble deciding on a DVD player to go with my panny 42", then it showed up un-expectantly. I ran out to Sears and picked up RP56 (10% off this weekend - $220 tax and all, possible price match - though this has been debated), knowing that if I didn't like it I had 30 days to return it. I've heard others doing same at Frye's and Circuit City. On the RP56 PQ looks very good to me and when I switch from interlaced to progressive I see a big difference.(Final Fantasy - Toy Story - Star Wars) Hard to beat that for the price. Upgradeable to SDI etc.

Regards

Bruce

·
Registered
211 Posts
I actually have the 50" Panny, but I was lucky enough to demo an RP56 from a friend of mine. The result was impressive enough to warrant me going out and buying one myself.

Very well built unit for the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.