AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panny 42" EDTV and a Echostar 6000. I have found that sometimes my 6000 will act as if I pressed down on a remote button (usually in the channel guide) and it will roll and roll up or down the menu continuously for about 2-4 minutes.

I tried pulling the batteries to see if the remote was stuck "on" but that did not stop this behavior from the 6000. Knowing that some people have reported IR interference from plasmas here on this forum. I wonder if anyone else has seen this happen with the 6000 and a Plasma? If I turn off the plasma it stops the 6000 from rolling.

Cyclone

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Easy test (though turning off the plasma seems to do it too), try a piece of masking tape over the IR receiver on the stb. Also, search on IR interference and you'll find some good tips on filtering it out. The masking tape solution is only one of several.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Yep, it's probably the panel...odd that it would seem to be sending an actual code, rather than just scrambling the signal (actually, blocking it out with white noise).

My solution was to move the IR receiver (I have a separate target from my equipment) to a location the plasma, and additionally, behind some speaker grill fabric.

Works great.

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.