AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just want to compare picture settings here with other owners of this display device.

Mine is paired with the RP56 player using component cable with rca to bnc adapter, calibrated using AVIA.

Note: I tested for the Y-C Timing and it seems like my set is dead on. (TH-42PWD4U ).

Setting via S-Video

Standard

Picture: 0

Brightness: -3

Color: 8

Tint: 0

Sharpness: -7

Color Temp: Normal

Setting via Component

Standard

Brightness: -2

Color: 0

Tint: -2

Sharpness: -3

Color Temp: Normal

Thanks,

-Jeff :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Panny 42 + RP56 via components using basic shielded 75Ohms cables from Monster. Will silver cables improve anything?

I think this is somehow irrelevant to post those as it really depends on the source material. But i've never felt the need to change picture/brightness settings, its all good all the time.

Setting via S-Video (rarely used, only with video camera)

Standard

Brightness: 0

Color: 4

Sharpness: +8

Color Temp: Warm

Setting via Component

Standard

Sharpness: *

Color Temp: Warm (Normal for Godfather for example. )

Setting via VGA

Standard

Sharpness: *

Color Temp: Warm

* Not available in 480P or VGA

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Y/C delay is reportedly only occuring on the SVideo input.

Are you saying that you're not saying the problem (has the great demigod of plasmas finally come down and resolved this issue for Panasonic?!)?

BTW, this unit is fan-less, right? Any buzzing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just hooked up the replacement Panny 42 I received recently. (The old one had the buzzing problem.) From the Avia test and from normal viewing it looks to me like the Y-C delay problem is fixed. I don't know whether this means that there is now a problem with the regular composite input, since apparently these settings share a memory space, since I didn't try it once I saw that the s-video was okay.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oferlaor -

Yes, I'm talking about the S-Video... didn't need to adjust anything on the Y-C timing when I checked with AVIA (didn't check with regular composite though).

I'm sure that my unit is "fan less" as I don't remember reading anything in the manual that says my unit has a built in one, and I've used the unit more than 50 hours since last week (I watched 5 dvd movies straight in one of those days) and never heard any fan come on.

As far as buzzing, yes my unit does buzz a little bit, only audible when you stick your head behind the unit and when everything else is turned off as I posted on another thread, my TIVO and DVD player makes more noise that the plasma display itself.

Regards,

Jeff:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.