AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hooked up our new panny 50'' 60u plasma with a hdmi cable from the cable box to dvi 1.. and hear a slight buzzing sound on all channels.

is it the hookup, the cable box (sa 4200)?? anyone else experience this

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I get a slight buzz through my rear 5.1 channels, but I'm not using HDMI yet. I just have composite audio to the plasma from the STB then to my stereo receiver. You may have a ground loop issue.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If the buzzing is coming out of the speakers, then make sure your satellite receiver volume is turned up at least 75% of the way - you can try it to max volume as long as you don't get distortion. Then use your television controls for volume and not the satellite receiver (or set satellite receiver to fixed audio if available.)

If the buzzing is coming from the back of the panel itself, it's fairly normal operation noise, and you're likely not used to hearing it so you notice it. It's something most people don't notice in the stores either (due to the noise levels present at the store) and it catches them offguard when they bring their PDP home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.