AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The advice of folks here would be appreciated. My new (3 weeks old) 50" Panny display (50PHD3U) went dead earlier today. Just prior to going blank, it first showed a row of illuminated pixels, then just random pixel garbage. Finally, the display shut off (all was passive, I was simply viewing HDNet at the time). The red standby began to blink. When I try to power it up, I sometimes get the same line of pixels, then it just shuts off again after a few seconds and the standby light continues to blink. Changing inputs, bringing up menus, etc. with the remote doesn't appear to do anything.

I've been on hold with Panasonic customer service for almost 2 hours and still haven't found a live person to talk with. My dealer is similiarly inaccessible at the moment (though I've e-mailed him; his 888-number isn't working from my location).

Has this happened to anyone else? Advice? Bad panel?

Thanks,

Joe Martz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Panasonic immediately replaced my 50" plasma after a line of pixels stayed lit all the time. My dealer, Paul at Projection One, handled it. Everything went smoothly. Panasonic sent a new panel, let me make sure it worked, and then arranged (and paid for) a shipper to pick up the old panel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got through to Panasonic Technical Support. They, too, have recommended the same option as yours (replace the display). They've asked I work through my dealer to arrange this, and I've sent several e-mails to begin the process (still no contact today, but he's a reputable dealer here and I don't anticipate any problems). Customer support verfied I have a problem and the unit needs work or replacement.

Joe M.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My brother had the exact same problem 6 weeks after he purchased his panny. It only had about 30hrs on it. It was replaced after contacting his dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.