AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie and have seen this 1st issue discussed but cannot find it with Search. Everytime I shut down the unit then power up again the set tries to reset all the channels through the auto set routine. I can stop it but it is a nuisance. For cable hook up I am coming out of my Comcast box directly into the Cable/Antenna main input. How do I fix?

Also I have a big issue on WAF. I took my wife to several stores showed her the unit (she loved it in the stores, encouraged me to buy it. I was initially hesitant). Uponn delivery set-up in the the pre agreed location she flips big time. She thinks it destroys the room ambiance and overall look.

How have others dealt with this?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry did not Spell check 1st post.

I am a newbie and have seen this 1st issue discussed but cannot find it with Search. Every time I shut down the unit then power up again the set tries to reset all the channels through the auto set routine. I can stop it but it is a nuisance. For cable hook up I am coming out of my Comcast box directly into the Cable/Antenna main input. How do I fix?

Also I have a big issue on WAF. I took my wife to several stores showed her the unit (she loved it in the stores, encouraged me to buy it, I was initially hesitant). Upon delivery and set-up in the pre agreed location she flips big time. She thinks it destroys the room ambiance and overall look of the family room. Yes I know she gave her word and broke it but....

How have others dealt with this?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by theob

Every time I shut down the unit then power up again the set tries to reset all the channels through the auto set routine. How do I fix?

Also I have a big issue on WAF.

You need to have at least one channel selected. I have channel 3 because that is how I come in with my cable box feed. You can manually set a channel. If no channels are selected by the auto-set process the set tries again each time it starts. It will also clear the set channels if you unplug the set and then auto-select again.

As for the wife... Mine was not happy until we got a $60 TV table at IKEA. It is black and lowers the TV, so the set is less noticeable in the room. But she likes the picture so much that there are no complaints. She complained constantly when we temporarily had the set on the coffee table.

·
Registered
23 Posts
One element you didn't state was your viewing distance. For a 50in you should have around 10ft as I understand it. If you are sitting any closer then yeah it could start to overwhelm the room.

As for the autosearch option, Walt answered it :)

-Monsoon

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With regard to WAF issue --- it's not the viewing distance with respect to my comment on 'overwhelming the room' it's the cosmetics of having a big screen tv in the famnily room. The 50 inchers all looked, well 'not overwhelming' in a show room, in my family room she feels the set converts the family room to big screen tv room. I guess I'll have to work it out.

·
Registered
620 Posts
theob,

A TV is not worth ruining a happy home over. IMHO.

Since the Samsung DLP does not have its speakers on the sides, the set would be much narrower. Do you think that would be acceptable to her?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote:
With regard to WAF issue --- it's not the viewing distance with respect to my comment on 'overwhelming the room' it's the cosmetics of having a big screen tv in the famnily room. The 50 inchers all looked, well 'not overwhelming' in a show room, in my family room she feels the set converts the family room to big screen tv room. I guess I'll have to work it out.
She's right. It is a "big screen tv room" now. That's why you bought it. :D

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
Quote:

I don't have a WAF answer but you should try out the "edit" button when you want to change a message you have already sent. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gentlemen it seems as if I still have the problem. I tried manually setting the channel to 3 but whenever I power down the set forgets this setting.

This is the process I used to Manual Select

1) Hit Enter and choose Set Up

2) Scroll to Channel

3) Scroll to Manual Set Up

4) Choose channel 3 -- hit Enter then hit recall successively several times to get out of the menu

Is this preocess in correct?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I connected a video source to the antenna input and let it do it's auto thing until all it found was channel 3. After that it seems to be happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.