Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
I love the fine print at the bottom of the listing:

"Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability

Wholesalez Outlet shall not be liable as a reseller of any product including but not limited to any liability for defective products. As the high bidder of this auction you assume full responsibility for all products purchased through our company. Wholesalez Outlet, it's employees or affiliates will not be held liable for damages of any kind arising from such purchases, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages or lost profits."

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Guys,

I'll refer you to Rogo's excellent treatment of this very subject...

BTW, hide your wallets

BTW 2, Panny (at least in the NE region) will NOT perform any warranty service for dubious sales, and generally the warranty is to the original purchaser (enduser) only. Our authorized dealer network folks are not considered endusers but do act first on warranty claims.

The users on this forum have dealt with many of our fine dealers and received top notch customer service when needed.

'Nuff said.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
MODERATORS: Please make the Scam Alert thread a Sticky again. This is not ego, but really, it's not enough to have it linked to in the FAQ, imho.

Too often, people take these ebay thieves seriously enough to post and we should bend over backwards to help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FWIW, I was being a bit facetious with the original post. If it seems too good to be true...

Steve

·
Registered
579 Posts
More than a dozen people have been duped in buying plasma very cheap at eBay. The sellers demanded money wired to them thru legitimate business like Western Union and reassured buyers that the sellers can't get the cash until the buyers call in their mother's maiden name when plasma is received.

There is no such provision at Western Union and the money was taken and no plasma was ever delivered.!

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
MODERATORS: Please make the Scam Alert thread a Sticky again. This is not ego, but really, it's not enough to have it linked to in the FAQ, imho.

Too often, people take these ebay thieves seriously enough to post and we should bend over backwards to help.
I just bumped it to the second pick in the FAQ index thread, but I also think it'd be good to bring the sticky back (don't want anyone getting burned).

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Yes, Deeann... There are like 10 stickies in some of the forums here. I think that one is important enough to be a sticky here.

Cheers.

Mark

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by technofan
More than a dozen people have been duped in buying plasma very cheap at eBay. The sellers demanded money wired to them thru legitimate business like Western Union and reassured buyers that the sellers can't get the cash until the buyers call in their mother's maiden name when plasma is received.

There is no such provision at Western Union and the money was taken and no plasma was ever delivered.!
You have to be very, very careful buying a big ticket item on Ebay. Some legit dealers, and some manufacturers, such as H/K sell on Ebay and you can generally buy from them with confidence. IMO the owners of Ebay have a license to print money, but they should be held responsible for not investigating sellers such as these. The same goes for Ubid.

Dsmith

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It is really too bad that more is not being done on the fraud side at eBay. I think -- in general -- it's a bad way to buy a plasma these days because of the likelihood of no after-sael support. And that's assuming it's not a scam.

mark

·
Registered
36 Posts
Of course, you CAN buy through Ebay and have a good experience.

I did my homework. Compared prices, spoke to the seller numerous times, checked his references, and only then did I place the bid. I paid using AMEX, which offers buyer protection for online fraud (and scooped up a bunch of Membership Rewards points in the process), and, so far, all's well. Additionally, you need to consider whether or not the manufacturers warranty is valid if you purchase online. This is a VERY, VERY important point!

The important point here is DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Don't take ANYTHING for granted. You, as the buyer, need to be in control of the transaction - not the seller, not some unknown or unseen third party.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.