AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was just wondering if anybody has used these two together with HDMI. I have tryed and get a signal, but no picture of sound from the tv. Every once in a while I will switch imputs and then I will get a pink hued picture. Customer service at LG has no idea. I have replaced the LG and the HDMI cable with no luck. Just was wondering if any new updates on this subject has come out?? Otherwise I guess I will have to go with the sammy DVD (seems some people gets this to work) or a Panny DVD. Just wish that the HDMI port would work with more products. Any info would be great!!

Thanks everybody

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whille I'm not familure with the LG DVD setup, I do have the Samsung HD850. If you have a pink hued picture you probably should check the set up menu on the LG and make sure that it is on HDMI output, if it is not then switch it and check the picture again.. I had the pink hued picture the first time I turned on the Samsung and that was the problem.

Delligatti

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same Panny as you with a Samsung 941 DVD. I have seen the pink, but only when using the wrong connection, ie. if you had HDMI and component hooked up and the DVD is using the HDMI as default, but you selected the component input on the TV. So make sure that the output selection on the DVD player matched the input selection on the TV, otherwise pink picture.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply:

I believe that I do have the LG in HD mode, but I will double check to see if there is another menu I that I need to switch. The HD mode is a button on top of the DVD. I have heard that the Samsung DVD works with the HDMI port in the Panny, I think I will just switch to that. Does anybody have the LG model and know if there are any other HD modes to switch beside the button on top?

Also, I have heard that a lot of HDMI product don't work well with the Pannys HDMI port. Just wondering what DVD players people have been using with the Panny successfully throught the HDMI?

Thanks for any info.

Tim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterZ
I have the same Panny as you with a Samsung 941 DVD. I have seen the pink, but only when using the wrong connection, ie. if you had HDMI and component hooked up and the DVD is using the HDMI as default, but you selected the component input on the TV. So make sure that the output selection on the DVD player matched the input selection on the TV, otherwise pink picture.

I hope this helps.

Hi ScooterZ, thank for the info. I am pretty much a newbie to the plasma tv arena, and am not quite sure what you mean about the input selection on the tv and output selection on the DVD. I you don't mind being more specific I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufostang
I am pretty much a newbie to the plasma tv arena, and am not quite sure what you mean about the input selection on the tv and output selection on the DVD. I you don't mind being more specific I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance
Hi there. I also have Samsung HD850 with HDMI output. Here what you should try.

1) Turn off you TV and DVD player.

2) Connect HDMI cable from DVD to TV.

3) Turn on TV and DVD

4) Go to DVD's menu pressing on "menu" button on your player's remote.

5) Scroll down with arrows, select "Setup" option and hit "Enter" button.

6) Scroll down with arrows, select "Display Setup" and hit "Enter"

Here what you should see or to set to:

TV Aspect______________:Wide____________>
Still Mode]_____________ :Auto
Screen Message _______ :On
Black Level ___________ :Off
Video Output __________ :HDMI ___________ >
HDMI _________________ :720p ___________ >

7) After that scroll down to "Video Output" and set to "HDMI"

8) Last one scroll down to "HDMI" and select 720p which will be closest match to your TV's resolution (unless your TV has 1920x1080 native resolution and in this case setting HDMI to 1080i will be the closest choise)

Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the upconvert LG for my 50PX50.

They never could work together.

I returned the LG and bought the Samsung.

No issues with the Samsung and the Panny.

ABSABS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.