AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to make up my mind. I tend to choose quality over quantity but, I'm not convinced the pioneer is that much better than the panny. The distance between the couch and tv is 11 feet.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I chose the 5070 over the Panny, but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think the Pan 58 600U is the 2006 model in a silver frame. It's 8" bigger screen than the black frame Pio 5070.

Pan has the newer models now ( 75, 77, and 700 ) out and have changed to the black frame styling.

Perhaps a better direct comparison in size, style and PQ would be the 50" Panasonic in which ever model you consider ( 75,77, or 700 ) against the Pioneer 5070.

It's Just An Opinion

Good luck

·
Banned
2,357 Posts
In my opinion if you are comparing these two units I would recommend the 5070HD as it does look better externally and has better color performance as smoother motion. Both are good units but everyone has a preference.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The additional 8 inches of the 58PX600U actually gives you 30% more screen area compared to the 50-inch set. This makes a big difference in your viewing experience, especially from 11 feet away. Go to your local BB and stand 11 ft away from both size sets to get an idea of the difference in perspective.

·
Banned
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slksc /forum/post/0

The additional 8 inches of the 58PX600U actually gives you 30% more screen area compared to the 50-inch set. This makes a big difference in your viewing experience, especially from 11 feet away. Go to your local BB and stand 11 ft away from both size sets to get an idea of the difference in perspective.

Good point and he can also most likely tell the difference in the PQ.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I am currently 12' from my 5070 and it looks fine, you get use to it right away. And here is the kicker, the Pio replaced my Toshiba 65HX81 RPTV. The TV's will always look smaller in the stores because of all the other huge TV's they have on display. You need to be the judge yourself though, try it out like Slksc said and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Quote:

X2

·
Vendor
34,110 Posts

Quote:

The additional 8 inches of the 58PX600U actually gives you 30% more screen area compared to the 50-inch set. This makes a big difference in your viewing experience, especially from 11 feet away.

TH-58PX600U X3
More like 40% more viewing.

slksc, how are you liking your TH-58PX600U??

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/0

slksc, how are you liking your TH-58PX600U??

Hi, Chris. The 58PX600U has been fantastic. And I just made it even better by getting a PS3 for Blu-Ray, although the set does a wonderful job in processing standard DVD's as well. Now if I had only known when I bought this set last Fall what your prices were going to be this Spring....

You know, I hate to get involved in these Pio vs. Panny arguments. Most users like what they have, and defend their own choices. In the case of the 58 Panny vs the 5070 Pio, it really is a win-win scenario. I simply think that with the recent price drops, the 58 Panny represents the best bang for the buck. But I won't argue with those who think the PQ of the Pio is worth going to the smaller set. It's just a matter of priorities.

·
Banned
2,357 Posts

Quote:

Ok well why not spend a few bucks more and get a Pioneer 6070HD.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's a tough decision to make. If it's was me I would take the Panny due to the larger size. In addition, at any store (that I've been to) that have them side by side (or in the same room), the picture on the Panny always look a touch sharper and cleaner. But that's just what I've seen, personally.

As a side note, the local tweeter store is discounting the 1140HD at roughly 44% off the MSRP.

·
Vendor
34,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInvision /forum/post/0

Ok well why not spend a few bucks more and get a Pioneer 6070HD.

Why bother when the 58" is alot less...........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If money was no object, I would purchase the pioneer 6070 but unfortunately it is.

I can only spend 26000 tops and thats with in home delivery. I'm a single women living on the third floor of an apartment with no elevator. My girlfriends don't seem to see the value, of good AV equipment, so I am turning to this forum. This will be my last plasma purchase for at least five years so I am taking my time 'up mind. I currently have a 42 inch panny ED with an excellent picture. I plan to make a purchase in the next seven days. Do any of you think I should wait longer, to see how low the prices will drop? I'm afraid that if I hold out to long the panny and pioneer will no longer be availbale.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
dont wait. not that many left and going fast at those prices.

give chris a call at cleveland plasma, with their shipping and maybe a little tip to the delivery guys
they should get you fixed up with a big plasma for a good deal.

·
Vendor
34,110 Posts
I go by the Cubic inches of screen size (not bezel). That is a rough quess.....I can figure it out but I will have to give you the exact formula at a latter date

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.