AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between the two. I can get them at pretty much the same price. I like to stream internet movies, watch alot of sports and game.

I think the GT has a better processor, which I believe helps input lag (gaming) and online streaming.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrted46  /t/1467809/panny-65st60-v-65gt50#post_23191544

I am torn between the two. I can get them at pretty much the same price. I like to stream internet movies, watch alot of sports and game.

I think the GT has a better processor, which I believe helps input lag (gaming) and online streaming.

Thoughts?

Don't be. The ST60 is the better TV by far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is the exact same setup i am considering.

For me in Canada the prices and options are as follows.

-65ST50 is $2500 on sale from $3000

-65ST60 is $2700 Regular price not on sale

-65GT50 is $2700 on sale from $3500

-The Samsung 64 F8500 also caught my eye as a beautiful tv for $3400 but a little more than i want to spend.

I do have time as i am just moving into my house in June this summer and i have a 43 plasma to get me by until something goes on a big sale.

What do you guys think? Should i just wait for the 65ST60, or a VT or F8500 to go on sale, are the 2013 models worth waiting for?

Thanks

·
Registered
20,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmanballerz  /t/1467809/panny-65st60-v-65gt50#post_23201341

This is the exact same setup i am considering.

For me in Canada the prices and options are as follows.

-65ST50 is $2500 on sale from $3000

-65ST60 is $2700 Regular price not on sale

-65GT50 is $2700 on sale from $3500

-The Samsung 64 F8500 also caught my eye as a beautiful tv for $3400 but a little more than i want to spend.

I do have time as i am just moving into my house in June this summer and i have a 43 plasma to get me by until something goes on a big sale.

What do you guys think? Should i just wait for the 65ST60, or a VT or F8500 to go on sale, are the 2013 models worth waiting for?

Thanks

65ST60 will probably be your best bang for the buck set this year....It is a top performer and hangs with the top sets from last year.....Personally if money is an issue Id go for the 65ST60.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
From what i have been reading on this forum for the past 4+ hours it seems like the 2013 line up for both Panasonic and Samsung has made some great improvements.

From the prices i have been getting its looking like the 65St60 is a no-brainer as a place to start.

One thing i have been thinking about is the fact that i will have 3 large NE facing windos pointing right at my TV. I will get blinds(just bought the house, move in in May) but im not sure how bright it will be in the room yet. Most of my movie watching will be after it's dark so its not a major concern but that is one thing that really excites me about the F8500, as the gf often watches tv during the day.

I also want to look into the new VT60 and ZT60's over the next few days.

I also never buy anything for regular price, so i may be waiting a few months for a sale to come up.

But for now from what i have read and the comments i think i will hold off on getting the ST or GT 50.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys,

My buddy from future shop just called me to let me know about a sale on this weekend. The 64E8000 plasma is on sale for 2299 from 3299.

Just wondering if you guys think thats a good deal or if i should still hold off for the new 65 inch ST/VT from panasonic?

Thanks so much! I need to know by friday cause there is only 3 left. Or maybe thats just a salesmen tatic

·
Registered
95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmanballerz  /t/1467809/panny-65st60-v-65gt50#post_23208631

Hey guys,

My buddy from future shop just called me to let me know about a sale on this weekend. The 64E8000 plasma is on sale for 2299 from 3299.

Just wondering if you guys think thats a good deal or if i should still hold off for the new 65 inch ST/VT from panasonic?

Thanks so much! I need to know by friday cause there is only 3 left. Or maybe thats just a salesmen tatic

Hold off for the new Panasonics. I've played with both Samsung and Panasonics. Input lag is better on Panny and I honestly think Panasonic is the leader in Plasma right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.