AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I guess this could go in one of three different forums so I apologize if it is in the wrong place, but my first question is about the Panny so I will start here.

Anyway, I have a Insignia 2BRDVD blu-ray player connected to my Denon 3808 via HDMI and then the 3808 is connected to the 50" 6UY using HDMI/DVI adapter and cable to DVI blade on the 6UY.

All works well.. however, when i try to manually set the blu-ray player to 1080i (or any other for that matter), i get the message "Your television does not support this resolution".. which of course it does. If I leave it on "HDMI auto" which is supposed to pick the highest, it works fine. I am guessing this has something to do with it going through the 3808 on its way to the 6UY.

The 3808 also says it is set for HDMI auto. My question is this...

Although it definitely seems to be 1080i (The Dark Knight blu-ray) by looking at it.. is there a way on the Panny to display the resolution it is using at the moment so i can definitely be sure? I know how to get into the service menus, etc.. but didnt see anything like that.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

·
Registered
380 Posts
Go to the service menu.

Select the IIC mode.

Press the action button to access it.

The resolution will be displayed on top left of the screen.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Gx35 !

I must have missed that when looking in the service menu. Probably since I am careful not to "click" around in there

Thanks again,

Charles

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked this out last night and at the top left in the IIC menu see "HD" so i am assuming that is 1080i. I switched to a SD channel and it still said "HD" but that is due to the 3808 upconverting I am guessing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts