AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about the Panny's here for quite some time now and have decided to get a 50PHD6UY. My question for anyone with fireplace mounting experience is should I get a Tilt mount or a flat mount?

The bottom of the 6UY will be at approx 5 FT High and the viewing distance will be approx 12 Feet. That doesn't seem like too much of an angle so I'm leaning toward a flat mount as I want the 6UY to be as close to the wall as possible.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, I'm looking for an installer in the San Jose, CA area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Not fireplace, but I have a 42" mounted behind my bar, (where you would normally put the mirror), bottom height at @46". I went tilt mount and glad I did. You can always leave it flat or tilt and I don't think you gain any advantage depth wise w/pure flat. Plus, with the tilt, it can help you negate reflections depending on the location of the light source.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Rogo says, "Tilt."

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have the TH-42PWD6UY at 50" (above fireplace), and I sit 12' back. (Almost identical to your set up).

I use the regular flat mount and it works great.

I have two leather recliners and the TV is at a perfect height for my viewing habits.

I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
always thought I'd have to tilt my Pio503 over the fireplace....at the end it was not necessary. Viewing positions are 11-13 feet away, no problems whatsoever.

One thing to note, make sure you don't have any overhead lights (high hats etc.) that may reflect through the plasma.

good luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the helpful information. It looks like the difference between a flat vs. tilt mount is 3/8" so I'm going to go with the tilt just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.