Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Experts:

I've read this forum until my eyes glazed over, as well as the FAQs, and can't quite grasp how I should set up my system.

I have the Panasonic 6UY ED panel with two sources; a Samsung 931 progressive scan DVD player and a Samsung 160 HD DTV receiver. Both are equipped with DVI outputs and component outputs and both have the choice of outputting 480, 720 or 1080 resolutions. My plasma has the DVI card installed.

1) Which would benefit most from using the DVI input? The satellite receiver on DVI and the DVD on progressive scan? DVD player looks "brighter" on the DVI input while I see little difference on the satellite receiver.

2) What resolution should I set both for to optimize the quality for my ED panel?

All input appreciated ...

Vic

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm no expert, but since you appear to have all of the components at your disposal, I would test various combination and evaluate which looks best to you. I would include a calibration disk in your evaluation test suite as well as other DVD's that you are familiar with. Bottom line is, it's your plasma and your eyes.

Dan

·
Registered
716 Posts
i have a "chicken and the egg" question when it comes to this type of calibration? Say I adjust my 6UY using Avia on my Denon 2200 dvd player. Now the DVD player has picture adjustment, but so does the display. Which is adjusted first?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.