AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 42PW6UY today! Everything is great expect i have ONE pixel stuck on red near the corner of my screen. Not that noticable, but if anyone knows how to fix it or reset it somehow...pls let me know. TIA.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Usually that cannot fixed. I'd check the rest of the panel VERY closely. It is possible you have other stuck pixels that would contribute towards triggering the warrantee if it bothers you.

With 300k to 1000k of picture elements (3 times that counting sub pixels) its not surprising that you'll get a manufacturing problem in one or two spots.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know where you purchase your plasma but if you bought it from Visual Apex, they will exchange/replace the display for you. Atleast that was the case when I bought mine last month.

Normally, plasma makers "allow" for a set number of dead/stuck pixels as "acceptable." The warranty trigger varies per manufacturer but usually one or two bad pixels will not trigger it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was wondering how many people in this forum have a stuck pixel on their display. If you did purchase your display and it had a stuck pixel, what would you do about it? I just bought a 50" 6UY and a pixel in the center of the screen just got stuck on green.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by snakewatcher
Just got my 42PW6UY today! Everything is great expect i have ONE pixel stuck on red near the corner of my screen. Not that noticable, but if anyone knows how to fix it or reset it somehow...pls let me know. TIA.
You can try using "Negative screen" for several minutes to see if the stuck pixel start working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.