AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend/cousin and I were laying around watching VHS copies of old "Ernest" movies......her favorite is "Ernest Goes to Africa" by the way....

anyway......back to topic......halfway through the tape she shocked me.....she sat up in bed and said "Are those black Mercedes or grey?".....WOW...I was astonished.....she obviously noticed the poor black levels of my pj....pretty impressive for her 80 IQ.

I want my honey to be happy....should I change to a three chip DLP? I currently have cheapo panny 711XU. Single chip DLP worries me cause her eyes twitch alot.....you know the rainbow thing. What's really cool about her is her thick glasses.....she holds the lens sideways and says our 4:3 looks like a widescreen!! I think that is SOOOO funny....Is that a videophile's dream girl or what??

Anyway.....I want to go 12ft diag or bigger with a little ambient (romance you know). I want a scaler that will make our HUGE VHS collection look good. We have the sound system....I need a new pj for under 30K if possible

·
Banned
3,477 Posts
Buy a $10,000 projector and use the other $20,000 toward finding a new girlfriend/cousin. You could always go on "The Southern Bachelor"

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
It was funny the first time it was posted. But this is the third time - it's getting to be pointless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.