AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Panny 711. I have had it for 4 mos. It is ceiling mounted and lately it has intermittantly stopped responding to the IR commands from the remote to power on/off. I can still turn it on and off by hitting the button on the PJ itself. Sometimes the remote works fine and sometimes it does not. I mainly just use the remote power button to turn the PJ on and off. Sometimes if I manually completely wall power on and off the PJ (after waiting for bulb cool down of course) I can get the remote to start responding again.

I used the Panny mini-remote to program my onkyo stereo learning remote. The onkyo is actually the main remote that I use. Both the onkyo and panny remote fail at the same time. I do not believe that it is a battery issue since I almost never use the Panny remote and the onkyo remote has fresh batteries in it.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I guess you already know, owning it for 4 months now, that you need to keep the on/off button pushed for 3 seconds. Just a guess but if your mostly using your Onkyo remote. it may not send a continues signal for the full 3 seconds. Thats all I can think of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.