AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone describe the screen saver and/or any other anti-burn in features that the newer pannys come with? In particular, the 7UY and 8K models.

Is there a feature to add grey bars to a 4:3 image?

Is a 4:3 damaging if you don't stretch it?

Can any describe the modes (like stretch, full) and what they are best used for?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkers
Can anyone describe the screen saver and/or any other anti-burn in features that the newer pannys come with? In particular, the 7UY and 8K models.

Is there a feature to add grey bars to a 4:3 image?

Is a 4:3 damaging if you don't stretch it?

Can any describe the modes (like stretch, full) and what they are best used for?
There is an entire "sticky" thread about burn in. You should peruse it.

I discourage other responses here, but if you promise to read that thread, I'll tell you a few things...

(1) Yes.

(2) Not if you watch about 20-30% that way.

(3) Stretch will stretch the edges more than the center. Full will stretch out the image evenly. The former is good for most non-sports content. They are both good for generally filing the screen.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just don't like the look of those short little football players running around. My brother in law has a 60" plasma and everytime I watch a porting event, I can't accept the inaccurate looking perspective when watching football.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkers
I just don't like the look of those short little football players running around. My brother in law has a 60" plasma and everytime I watch a porting event, I can't accept the inaccurate looking perspective when watching football.

I found I got used to it pretty quickly and find it much less annoying than black or gray sidebars. Plus, it has the added benefit of making me feel skinnier than I really am :D

Steve

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know -- my brother in law said the same thing. So I suppose I'll get used to it also.

I just find it funny that technology is so far ahead of content that we have 80% of

our content being 4:3 and all these nice TVs are 16:9 and with the existence of a burn in issue, its just so stupid.

I do watch movies and will even more so with this new TV and the 5.1 setup. I know the new 42" ED panny has a built in screen saver ... but I don't know if that helps enough preventing burn in to rely on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.