AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Runnin Panny AE-500 from an ATI 1950 GT video card, using Cyberlink 7.3 Ultra to playback BD discs. Vista OS...

HDCP Complaint on both sides (card and p.j.) ...yet I cannot play a thing due to a HDCP error ever time I attempt to start the disc. (Works fine on my Gateway 24" monitor, also HDCP compliant)

I ran Cyberlink's BD-Advisor, everything checked out green (checks out all components indicating that the system should play BD discs).

I also tried to switch the EID modes on the Panny to see if the handshake there would work...Both settings (EID1 and EID2) make no difference...Movie starts (Bond) and then about 15 seconds later I get the HDCP no-no screen...

Resulting error is unable to detect compatible cable type. However, I am running a RamElectronics DVI cable and have never had any issues with it...In fact I have even run a Sammy BD player attached directly via an HDMI -> DVI dongle and it made the handshake and played no problem...

1) Should Vista recognize my Panasonic projector and is this part of the problem? It currently is running the generic monitor as the driver...

2) Is the Panny HDCP of an older build that may not be current enough for BD and HD-DVD?

3) Cable quality or length?

Thoughts? TY in advance...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I swapped the vid card out for an NVIDIA 8600GT and sure enough - HDCP error is gone and I can play Blu-Ray w/Cyberlink 7.3 no problem.

However the NVidia card/driver seems to see the AE500 as a 1280 x 1024 device and will not allow me to display in the projector's native resolution of 1280 x 720 @60Hz.

I can attempt to change the display properties re: Windows Vista Control Panel and the one for NVidia's actual driver, but the screen goes blank and then after the requisite 15 seconds, the monitor reverts to 1280 x 1024.

Should I attempt to create a custom driver with PowerStrip to the AE500's resolution information? It makes no sense that I would have to as the resolution for the NVidia driver is listed plain jane on the driver control panel choices as 1280 x 720 - just will not "stick"...

Please Help as this is driving me batty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.