AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run satalite which is 4:3 into a 16:9 screen using the AE100 can it be done I know thing's get stretched out of proportion but thats ok.

Cheers Rick

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Are you asking if the AE100 itself can stretch the 4:3 image ? I'm not sure but I think the AE100 can do that but it doesn't look pretty? not sure. An actual AE100 owner will pop in here shortly to advise. I'm just a groupie :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had great interest in this issue as well. From what I've read in the user manual, the AE100 will stretch 4:3 material to fit the screen. I'm planning to get a VB50 to help with the Sat signals if I do end up getting the AE100--for the price, it's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It stretches the picture just fine. I have all my inputs set to full 16x9 mode with the AE100, some people don't like it, but I prefer it over the bars on the sides of the 4x3 picture.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ya you can do it but keep in mind crap in, crap out. My DSS and local cable leave much to be desired when projected up by the AE100. Top it off with the Sopranos in letterbox off HBO and Tony looks pretty wide:)

I can't get HDTV soon enough.

Pablo

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Can you get HDTV in 480p flavour?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes I think most STB's will output 480p. But from what I understand, the AE100 looks pretty good with 720p source and I assume 1080i would look good too. Its gota be better than cable or directv.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately guy's we don't have HDTV in New Zealand but the Sat service is good and I could use my quadscan.

I have a cinema based on a Barco this is planned for my bedroom system which we are renovating. Though I will likely watch mostly 4:3 so maybe the 75U maybe better though for the price I like the 100E and we will likely use it for gaming / surfing. My partner goes to sleep early so I want to be able to watch telly, surf the internet and or watch DVD. I will use my old HTPC to drive it.

R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.